By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak expansion launches 30th of June

The expansion contains new monsters, locales, gameplay elements, story content, and the more challenging Master Rank.

More info at the official site:

MONSTER HUNTER RISE: SUNBREAK | CAPCOM

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 March 2022

Around the Network

They had me at Astalos.

For me personally, this looks freaking incredible.

Monster Hunter Rise is already one of my favourite games in years, and looks to build on everything that made it so amazing.

The new monsters meet the series' high standard for brilliant design that walks a fine balance between fantastical and believable, the new map having multiple themed areas sounds like a great new addition, the new characters seem likeable and charming, not having to wirebug to wall run is a welcome QoL update, and I cannot wait to try out the new switch skills and endemic life.

So far, I like everything I see. And it still feel so, sooo good to get the deluxe treatment from a third party on a Nintendo platform.

Monster hunter never clicked on me, but I've only tried 3 on Wii, and I remember it was really frustrating trying to read anything without being close to the TV. Should I give rise a try, am I missing much?

Fededx said:

Monster hunter never clicked on me, but I've only tried 3 on Wii, and I remember it was really frustrating trying to read anything without being close to the TV. Should I give rise a try, am I missing much?

I personally never found readability to be an issue in Rise.

In terms of general game design it's also much more accessible than 3 was, with many QoL improvements. It's a challenging game, but one where overcoming said challenges is immensely rewarding, in my opinion anyway.