By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Digital GT7 sold 185% more during launch week than Sport in UK

Did you get GT7 on disc or digitally?

Disc version 6 27.27%

Digital version 1 4.55%

Not yet but will get the disc version 4 18.18%

Not yet but will get the digital version 2 9.09%

Will not get the game 9 40.91%

Total:22

Yep it will be fixed. QA is bad nowadays, maybe still from the pandemic. Not having the right tires in events shouldn't be something that gets missed, especially since the patch was targeting rally events. And some only paying out 5,000, must be a missing 0, or missing 7. 75K seems to be the intended standard for the longer races.

Anyway there is plenty greatness to be had. I was up until 4AM last night trying to beat the Daytona GT Cup. 10 laps of pure bliss, driving in the sunset into the night with fireworks in the final lap. The AI puts up a good fight now, it took me about 7 attempts to secure the victory. Yet then this feels all that much better!

I hope they add more of these events. (There are more to do still, I finished the Americas region last night. Europe next)

The campaign is just seriously lacking. The extra events are so much better!

Around the Network

The game was purposely created in a way that gets people to pay real money. Fewer winnings and way too much grinding, thanks Sony. Back to PS3 days of arrogance and greed, my opinion of course.

Looks like another 20+ Million seller for PlayStation.

Compared to Gran Turismo Sport, which has over 14 Million players (without being on PS+ or PS Now), stellar review scores is the final ingredient needed for GT to break new records for the franchise. Also can't underestimate the "PlayStation seal of quality" that GT7 will benefit from that previous entries didn't have.

gtotheunit91 said:

I'm convinced this console generation will be the last to have physical media. It wasn't a coincidence that both Microsoft and Sony released this gen with a digital only console option. And since this gen may very well last longer due to the global shortage, it seems to be all but guaranteed. Every year those digital sales when it comes to game purchases goes up and up.

Nintendo most likely will be the longest to hold out, but even they're seeing rises in digital purchases of their games every year.

I think it will be a couple of generations before there is only digital. Physical games are still the preferred option for many gamers. But it is obvious they’re just getting consumers used to the idea of digital only. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm convinced this console generation will be the last to have physical media. It wasn't a coincidence that both Microsoft and Sony released this gen with a digital only console option. And since this gen may very well last longer due to the global shortage, it seems to be all but guaranteed. Every year those digital sales when it comes to game purchases goes up and up.

Nintendo most likely will be the longest to hold out, but even they're seeing rises in digital purchases of their games every year.

Nah. People are still too attached to physical media. Plus a lot of people either don't have adequate Internets, or they have data caps.

Well at the moment with big releases  I have turned back to physical the standard PS4 versions of Horizon FW - GT7 were both Australian S79 per physical game   $30.00 cheaper than the PSN $109.00

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Nah. People are still too attached to physical media. Plus a lot of people either don't have adequate Internets, or they have data caps.

Well at the moment with big releases  I have turned back to physical the standard PS4 versions of Horizon FW - GT7 were both Australian S79 per physical game   $30.00 cheaper than the PSN $109.00

Yup, it's why I still buy physical still. I'm probably about 50/50 ratio.... Maybe 60/40 in favour of digital due to sales and dlc. 

The publisher and/or developer gets more of the cut when we buy digital. 

Pass that on to the consumer or there will always be a market for the cheaper option. It's seems like a win-win situation. 

Yeah in the US lots of retailers have deals on physical games. Walmart for example will knock about $10 off all new releases, so a $70 next gen game is the typical $60. And a $60 game is $50. Though, strangely, Sony games don’t get this discount even though Nintendo games do.

I usually buy physical, but if it’s a game I am not sure about, I’ll go into WM and buy physical because it’s cheaper and I can always sell the game later.