By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Valkryie game announced! Valkyrie Elysium; Action take on the series.

Around the Network

I don't care about the full on action gameplay (all tri-Ace games are half action anyways) but I don't think this has anything to do with main series and I don't think tri-Ace has anything to do with this? Whatever the case I lookin forward to it.

All I can think is "What isn't action-RPG nowadays?"

It's sad it couldn't keep it's style of gameplay it had before but maybe the clips are just a set of thing happening and it still might have elements of that. The story of 2 I enjoyed and how you build a party was great too so welcome it if it keeps those aspects of things.

Hmm, pie.

I got a little bit excited because I thought this was about Valkyria Chronicles.. Oh, well.

I mean, im kinda looking forward to this because Im into this franchise and whatnot, but at the same time I kinda did not like the trailer, I feel the art style comes off as a bit weird, reminds too much of Code Vein in many ways. Gameplay looks fine I guess. I hope we get to see more of this game soon. 

Around the Network

OMG, a new Valkyrie game???

*watches gameplay*

The fuck is this!? -_-

Edit:

The Valkyrie Profile battle system is a big reason for why I enjoyed those games. Pulling off good attack chains felt so satisfying, especially in VP2 where you could chop off parts of the enemies with successful combos. So this looking like yet another action-RPG is quite disappointing.

Last edited by forest-spirit - on 10 March 2022