By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More new Infamous and Sly Cooper rumors circulating

Last I saw, Sucker Punch had less than 200 employees total. So 3 titles at once would stretch their teams insanely thin and would take years to release a game.

I would love a new Infamous and especially a new Sly Cooper though!

Around the Network

Bring back Cole!! I enjoyed the evil ending more! loll

I like Sly Cooper. I would not mind another one. I didn't hate that Vita one either tho most people did. I only played the PS4 Infamous and that was not a good game. Horrible open world and on top of that another checklist game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Really enjoyed Infamous SS so I hope they continue that one.

I don't believe these games would launch this year. I think they would be next year titles. Maybe either Sly Cooper or Infamous launches this year, but I couldn't see both of them launching this year and I couldn't see GoT sequel coming until 2024.

Around the Network

Ghost of Tsushima, took SP Like 6 years.

So any rumors of a new game from SP would probably release in 3 years at the earliest.

I could see Pixel Opus working on Sly Cooper since they are collaborating with Sony Pictures Animation.

the-pi-guy said:

Job listings make it clear they're working on a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima. They have a number of job listings specifically calling out knowledge of Ghost of Tsushima's combat system.  

I think chances are incredibly low that they're working on even 2 of them, let alone all 3.

I think those IP are likely to be with a third party studio. Sony was apparently farming out Twisted Metal to Lucid Games, which has now moved to Firesprite. I'm sure there are a handful of other arrangements going on.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Firesprite is working on one of those. They are growing at an absurd rate, and they just seem to exist for Sony to have working on anything they don't have another studio on.

axumblade said:

I mean, granted they are twice the size as Sucker Punch, insomniac have managed to release a remaster, a new spinoff, a new game, and have two more on the way. 

I’m pretty sure that Sucker Punch wasn’t all working on the GoT multiplayer aspect, so I could see at least two games being in production or at least preproduction. And I agree. Odds are they will be outsourcing at least one of the projects. Unfortunately Sanzaru was purchased to make games for the Oculus, so I don’t think they’ll be returning but we’ll see. This generation has already started kinda crazy. If Sly is coming, I see it being at the hands of Sumo Digital. 

Insomniac has a lot of practice with that kind of development, and they have a pretty unified pipeline that makes it easier to move from one game to the next.

It's not impossible for them to scale up to that. But I haven't seen them undertake that kind of growth.

Farsala said:

So any rumors of a new game from SP would probably release in 3 years at the earliest.

Well it's a bit complicated. They didn't spend 6 years making Ghost of Tsushima and nothing else.

They spent a lot of time working on other projects before settling on Ghost of Tsushima. 

At one point, they had this in production:

I would expect their next game to come sooner than 5 or 6 years. Because they have the direction set up, they have the game engine, art direction, gameplay basically all figured out. Iterative development is a lot quicker than making something brand new from scratch.

Yeah that is why I say 3 years instead of 6 years, it will still take a lot of time.

the-pi-guy said:

Job listings make it clear they're working on a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima. They have a number of job listings specifically calling out knowledge of Ghost of Tsushima's combat system.  

I think chances are incredibly low that they're working on even 2 of them, let alone all 3.

I think those IP are likely to be with a third party studio. Sony was apparently farming out Twisted Metal to Lucid Games, which has now moved to Firesprite. I'm sure there are a handful of other arrangements going on.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Firesprite is working on one of those. They are growing at an absurd rate, and they just seem to exist for Sony to have working on anything they don't have another studio on.

axumblade said:

I mean, granted they are twice the size as Sucker Punch, insomniac have managed to release a remaster, a new spinoff, a new game, and have two more on the way. 

I’m pretty sure that Sucker Punch wasn’t all working on the GoT multiplayer aspect, so I could see at least two games being in production or at least preproduction. And I agree. Odds are they will be outsourcing at least one of the projects. Unfortunately Sanzaru was purchased to make games for the Oculus, so I don’t think they’ll be returning but we’ll see. This generation has already started kinda crazy. If Sly is coming, I see it being at the hands of Sumo Digital. 

Insomniac has a lot of practice with that kind of development, and they have a pretty unified pipeline that makes it easier to move from one game to the next.

It's not impossible for them to scale up to that. But I haven't seen them undertake that kind of growth.

Farsala said:

Well it's a bit complicated. They didn't spend 6 years making Ghost of Tsushima and nothing else.

They spent a lot of time working on other projects before settling on Ghost of Tsushima. 

At one point, they had this in production:

I would expect their next game to come sooner than 5 or 6 years. Because they have the direction set up, they have the game engine, art direction, gameplay basically all figured out. Iterative development is a lot quicker than making something brand new from scratch.

I can see why it was canceled.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Not very exciting for me personally. Never got into Sly Cooper because it looks like a kids' game. I did play the first couple of Infamous games and they were all right, but nothing to write home about. Skipped Second Son. But I'm glad if somebody is glad.