By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

1530 troops. LOL!

Around the Network

BFR said:

1530 troops. LOL!

wow.  I think that losses like this will be much more common next year.   

shavenferret said:
BFR said:

1530 troops. LOL!

If Putin calls for another round of conscriptions, which he so far resisted to do (because it would signal that the war is going badly and that their overhyped "few losses" are being unsubstantiated with the real huge losses), then for sure this will happen.

Either way, this puts Russia between a rock and a hard place, as new recruits need to come from other places - like the armament industries that are already staffing problems. It also puts Putin directly in this position, as workers would need to be replaced by migrant workers (if at all possible that is), something the ultranationalists, which were some of his biggest supporters, absolutely hate.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
shavenferret said:

If Putin calls for another round of conscriptions, which he so far resisted to do (because it would signal that the war is going badly and that their overhyped "few losses" are being unsubstantiated with the real huge losses), then for sure this will happen.

Either way, this puts Russia between a rock and a hard place, as new recruits need to come from other places - like the armament industries that are already staffing problems. It also puts Putin directly in this position, as workers would need to be replaced by migrant workers (if at all possible that is), something the ultranationalists, which were some of his biggest supporters, absolutely hate.

I agree with everything.  

He will ultimately need to start up conscriptions again because only so many new troops can be moved, or brought in from afar (such as the NK troops we have seen press about) as the losses as shown above are just too high.  Thanks for commenting, bofferbrauer.