By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

Why are the escalation managers in America and Germany so fucking stupid. It's happening more on purpose, Russia is testing our response because we continue to do absolutely fuck all except piss out pants at the thought of escalation so no shit they're going to take advantage of that, Russia could fly their goddamn missiles right through the centre of NATO countries and America would scream "BUT THE ESCALATION, WE MUST DO NOTHING IN RESPONSE" It's so fucking pathetic. JFC.

2.5 years into the conflict and NATO still can't defend its borders from repeated Russian missile and drone violations in Poland, Romania, Latvia, etc.

JFC?? lmao, so the nation that birthed Chaucer, Milton, and Shakespeare now uses Americanisms such as JFC? I don't know what to think of this, whether to be proud of 'merica, or sad that our culture is spreading like a festering disease. 

Around the Network
shavenferret said:
Ryuu96 said:

Why are the escalation managers in America and Germany so fucking stupid. It's happening more on purpose, Russia is testing our response because we continue to do absolutely fuck all except piss out pants at the thought of escalation so no shit they're going to take advantage of that, Russia could fly their goddamn missiles right through the centre of NATO countries and America would scream "BUT THE ESCALATION, WE MUST DO NOTHING IN RESPONSE" It's so fucking pathetic. JFC.

2.5 years into the conflict and NATO still can't defend its borders from repeated Russian missile and drone violations in Poland, Romania, Latvia, etc.

JFC?? lmao, so the nation that birthed Chaucer, Milton, and Shakespeare now uses Americanisms such as JFC? I don't know what to think of this, whether to be proud of 'merica, or sad that our culture is spreading like a festering disease. 

I feel like I'm missing something here. Does JFC mean something other than the common Internet slang: Jesus Fucking Christ?
What does the US have to do with it? Why is using it so controversial?

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 September 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
shavenferret said:

I feel like I'm missing something here. Does JFC mean something other than the common Internet slang: Jesus Fucking Christ?
What does the US have to do with it? Why is using it so controversial?

The United States probably invented that combination. I was quite intrigued and surprised at a Britonian using such a term to express one's extreme distaste. As far as the terms controversial nature goes it can be impolite as we'd like to think of each other as cultured individuals who can offer the world good things. 

Ukraine has eyes in Russian railway stations, so they have some amount of intel on shipments and where they are going to

https://www.dagens.com/war/ukrainian-forces-infiltrate-russian-rail-system-to-track-military-supply-routes

Russian repairs are insufficient as Crimean bridge is falling apart

https://www.dagens.com/war/russian-repairs-insufficient-as-crimean-bridge-parts-begin-to-collapse

Around the Network

Remember when the news said the orcs fired 10 times as many artillery shells as Ukraine? I posted a few months ago how thar ratio had decreased to 3:1. Now this article says that the ratio is only 2:1 in favor of mordor of course. But Ukraine is reducing their lead in artillery, and it's going very well.

https://kyivindependent.com/russia-fires-2-times-more-shells-than-ukraine/

Seems like one of Ukraine's strongest fortifications with Vodiane and Vuhledar could fall pretty soon. Vodiane was already taken by Russia now so that Vuhledar has one more direction Russians can attack from. That's the small village where Russia lost one big group of vehicles after the next the last years...Chasiv Yar is also more and more encircled so that Russia will just do what they did with the Azov brigade in Mariupol. 

and the countries in the West keep saying how Ukraine will be supported strong enough as long as it takes.

crissindahouse said:

Seems like one of Ukraine's strongest fortifications with Vodiane and Vuhledar could fall pretty soon. Vodiane was already taken by Russia now so that Vuhledar has one more direction Russians can attack from. That's the small village where Russia lost one big group of vehicles after the next the last years...Chasiv Yar is also more and more encircled so that Russia will just do what they did with the Azov brigade in Mariupol. 

and the countries in the West keep saying how Ukraine will be supported strong enough as long as it takes.

What they mean is as long as it takes for Ukraine to accept territory concessions after hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians have been slaughtered so that we can sleep easy in the West because we're petrified of Russia and need things to go back to normal (lifting all the sanctions) and pretend like Russia won't do it again in the future after they've already done it twice to Ukraine and to Georgia and we'll debate Ukraine entering NATO for the next 10+ years until Russia once again uses it as an excuse to invade.

America, UK, France and Germany haven't learnt a fucking damn thing from WW2.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 September 2024