By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

🤔I feel like even if they do share such intel, they'll claim not to anyway. So I want to shout "Coward" but in the end, they are as likely to be already doing so regardless of the existence of a statement claiming otherwise.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
shavenferret said:

https://youtu.be/nar-O0LEwqo?si=Tn55t1hW3KM_ig5Z

Covert Cabal did a video on the number of self-propelled artillery on the russian side that is remaining to give us some idea on how long that will last. He is saying that out of the 4200 SPG's, 4500 remain. However the daily reports of artillery destroyed every day is stunning.

You meant 2500, right?

Either way, the most important of the video is this chart here:

It shows that while Russia "only" lost about 40% of their SPGs, they lost much more of the more modern vehicles than their older counterparts - possibly because those are in a sorry state of disrepair and need longer to be put in combat shape again.

Another interesting tidbit is what he says at the end: That the backlog of vehicles to be repaired is growing fast and that they are falling further and further behind on the time schedule, especially with the tanks. In other words, it takes longer and longer for Russia to repair a vehicle and bring it to the front, which means that Russia can't keep their production numbers up and will sooner or later have to fight on foot. He also says that he's going to make a video about that soon, so we'll have a clearer picture about this soon.

they are probably cherry picking from the newer vehicles, as the older ones aren't in good condition and take longer

shavenferret said:

In related news, residents of Khalingrad are wanting to break away from moscow, and establish a new Baltic state.
https://x.com/QuantumDom/status/1823986973507219657

And that will secede Russia’s major headquarters for the Baltic Fleet. Instead of Brexit, Russia gets frig-it! And after all those boats Ukraine sank, it’s the only “frig-it!” the Russian navy will have to use.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
shavenferret said:

In related news, residents of Khalingrad are wanting to break away from moscow, and establish a new Baltic state.

And that will secede Russia’s major headquarters for the Baltic Fleet. Instead of Brexit, Russia gets frig-it! And after all those boats Ukraine sank, it’s the only “frig-it!” the Russian navy will have to use.

And also will save troops from having to be waiting right at the border ready to storm the tiny redoubt.  I'm sure all kinds of nuclear missles are also aimed there when they should be aimed at various cities/bases in Russia.  

Jumpin said:
shavenferret said:

Königsberg tries to become independent practically since the fall of the Soviet Union. But since any party needs to run in all constituencies (which parties wanting independence of their region obviously don't and can't do), they can't do anything. And since it's now over 90% russified, chances are slim that it would ever happen unless the Russian Federation totally collapses.

Around the Network

According to this, America is blocking Britain from allowing Kyiv to use Storm Shadow inside Russia for "fear of escalation" and UK is waiting for America's approval. The UK apparently sent their request more than a month ago and are still waiting for a response. According to this, the UK wants to give Ukraine the freedom to do what they want with Storm Shadow but it requires agreement from America, France and a "third undisclosed NATO country" which I'm guessing is Germany, now we already know France would be in approval.

It's absolutely fucking infuriating, why the fuck do we need America's permission on how we allow others to use OUR weapons? Why does The United Kingdom need America's permission for anything, last I checked we weren't one of America's fucking states. Utter horseshit and at a point it starts to look less like "scared of escalation" and more like "we don't want Russia to lose" and all this shit doesn't help the conspiracy theories that America is controlling Europe, what a goddamn idiotic stance America is taking.

So this basically confirms the rumour that America would block aid to Ukraine from themselves if anyone allows Ukraine to fire long-range missiles on Russia then, I mean how else would America have any power of us? We could lift the ban and America couldn't do shit, unless they pause aid to Ukraine as a result and that's why we won't lift the ban. You know what I'm starting to think Ukraine should just strike first and ask for forgiveness later, if America blocks aid to Ukraine as a result then they'll look like an absolute utter joke of an ally to everyone.

Trump would be a disaster for Ukraine but that doesn't absolve Biden of criticism, he and his administration are full of complete fucking cowards.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 August 2024

Also fuck the twats for leaving us (the UK) waiting for a reply for over a month.

Just do it Ukraine, lob a Storm Shadow at Russia, ask for forgiveness after you show Russia does nothing in response. Not like Israel ever asks America permission for shit, they didn't even fucking tell America when they decided to go bomb an Iranian embassy in Syria and they sure as shit never apologise to America for anything.

Ryuu96 said:

According to this, America is blocking Britain from allowing Kyiv to use Storm Shadow inside Russia for "fear of escalation" and UK is waiting for America's approval. The UK apparently sent their request more than a month ago and are still waiting for a response. According to this, the UK wants to give Ukraine the freedom to do what they want with Storm Shadow but it requires agreement from America, France and a "third undisclosed NATO country" which I'm guessing is Germany, now we already know France would be in approval.

It's absolutely fucking infuriating, why the fuck do we need America's permission on how we allow others to use OUR weapons? Why does The United Kingdom need America's permission for anything, last I checked we weren't one of America's fucking states. Utter horseshit and at a point it starts to look less like "scared of escalation" and more like "we don't want Russia to lose" and all this shit doesn't help the conspiracy theories that America is controlling Europe, what a goddamn idiotic stance America is taking.

So this basically confirms the rumour that America would block aid to Ukraine from themselves if anyone allows Ukraine to fire long-range missiles on Russia then, I mean how else would America have any power of us? We could lift the ban and America couldn't do shit, unless they pause aid to Ukraine as a result and that's why we won't lift the ban. You know what I'm starting to think Ukraine should just strike first and ask for forgiveness later, if America blocks aid to Ukraine as a result then they'll look like an absolute utter joke of an ally to everyone.

Trump would be a disaster for Ukraine but that doesn't absolve Biden of criticism, he and his administration are full of complete fucking cowards.

There have been a few countries which have reversed course and allowed ukraine to attack Russia with their weapons in the last few weeks. Perhaps as this list grows, Britain and finally even the US will allow Ukraine to attack within Russia. A steady supply of missles would also obviously help. 

shavenferret said:
Ryuu96 said:

There have been a few countries which have reversed course and allowed ukraine to attack Russia with their weapons in the last few weeks. Perhaps as this list grows, Britain and finally even the US will allow Ukraine to attack within Russia. A steady supply of missles would also obviously help. 

They allow with generic weapons, even America allows those weapons to be used on Russian soil (like HIMARS for example) but this issue is specifically about long-range missiles because apparently there's a difference between firing 100km into Russia and firing 200km into Russia in terms of escalation in America's mind, Lol.

The issue is nobody else can test the long-range theory out and tell America to stick it because to date only America, UK and France have sent long-range missiles to Ukraine. UK/France use the same missile (Storm Shadow) and America has ATACMS and UK/France want to lift the ban but America is forcing them not to. Don't care who that undisclosed country is, I'm assuming it's Germany but Germany shouldn't get a say when they can't even be bothered to send Taurus, Lol.