By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

The White House’s willingness to give Ukraine the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile comes as Kyiv’s surprisingly successful ground assault deep inside Russia heads into its second week, embarrassing Vladimir Putin and forcing him to redirect troops from the battlefield in Ukraine.

No final decision has been made on sending the missile, but the administration is working through the complicated details now, according to one Biden administration official. Those issues include reviews of the transfer of sensitive technologies, and ensuring Ukraine’s jets can launch the 2,400-pound missile that carries a 1,000-pound warhead.

Missile maker Lockheed Martin has delivered over 4,100 JASSMs in various configurations to the U.S. Air Force and allies over the years, with a new production line in Alabama churning out around 45 missiles a month to reach a stockpile goal of 7,200 missiles, according to Pentagon data.

===

• Storm Shadow - 450kg Warhead / 300km Range.
  • JASSM - 450kg Warhead / 370km Range.

Send JASSM but lift the restrictions at the same time, they may be some airfields still in use within range.

Ryuu96 said:

So the trains under this type of regime don't run on time after all.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ryuu96 said:

Lmao. Lukashenko is about a few days late.

Do their nukes even work?

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lmao. Lukashenko is about a few days late.

Do their nukes even work?

Belarus doesn't even have nukes AFAIK. They just house Russian ones, Lol.

So even his comment about Belarus "will not use nuclear weapons unless..." is irrelevant, it ain't up to him.

Jumpin said:
Ryuu96 said:

So the trains under this type of regime don't run on time after all.

Putin ain't as brilliant as Mussolini to make this work

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 15 August 2024

deleted

Does anyone have any well written articles about the China-Russia situation?
From what I've been hearing, China in the past few months, especially in the past two weeks, have been distancing themselves and cutting economic ties to Russia while improving their relations with the west, such as cutting off ties between Chinese suppliers and organized crime.
This is linked to the improving economic situations in the West this year versus the worsening economic situation in Russia and China.

That's the gist of what I've been hearing, but I can't find any good sources that draws it all together. Just a lot of wordy-articles that report these things in isolation.