By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

United States

Czech Republic

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 July 2024

Around the Network

Saudi Arabia ‘Veiled Threat’ to G7 Over Russia Assets - Bloomberg

Make No Mistake: Destroying Hospitals Is Part of the Kremlin’s Strategy - The Moscow Times

Russian Court Orders Arrest of Yulia Navalnaya - BBC News

The Justice Department today announced the seizure of two domain names and the search of 968 social media accounts used by Russian actors to create an AI-enhanced social media bot farm that spread disinformation in the United States and abroad. The social media bot farm used elements of AI to create fictitious social media profiles — often purporting to belong to individuals in the United States — which the operators then used to promote messages in support of Russian government objectives, according to affidavits unsealed today.

Office of Public Affairs | Justice Department Leads Efforts Among Federal, International, and Private Sector Partners to Disrupt Covert Russian Government-Operated Social Media Bot Farm | United States Department of Justice

Around the Network

Latest Kings and Generals video about the war:

Ryuu96 said:

Sir Keir Starmer must accept that the war in Ukraine is a European problem, a senior Trump ally has said, as he warned against “haranguing” Washington for help.

Elbridge Colby told The Telegraph that the UK should not expect significant support from the US on Ukraine under a second Trump administration, and called for Europe to take “primary responsibility” for the war.

But Mr Colby said that Americans were tired of hearing demands from British politicians on Ukraine, including over the latest funding bill, which is known as a “supplemental”.

He said: “I would much rather have the United States dealing with a practical, hard-headed, realistic, serious, Europe-focused UK from a defence point of view, than one that is intervening in the supplemental debate, pushing us to give Storm Shadow [missiles], and then only giving £3 billion a year.

“It is basically writing cheques that the American people are supposed to cash.”

Ukraine War is Europe's Problem, Trump Ally Tells Labour

United Kingdom

Total allocations

• 12.616bn € (Rank: 3)
  • 0.432% of GDP (Rank: 12)

United States

Total allocations

• 73.962bn € (Rank: 1)
  • 0.340% of GDP (Rank: 16)

Mate...Shut the fuck up...We're giving more than you in terms of GDP...Once again the American not understanding that a $28 trillion GDP country can provide more in hard numbers than a $3.5 trillion GDP country. "Pushing us to give Storm Shadow" The fuck are you talking about? You mean ATACMS? Storm Shadow is UK's missile you fucking idiot.

Lets not mention all the migrants we take in from war-torn countries while America barely takes any.

Need reminding that it was the UK who first sent ATGMs? It was UK who first sent MBTs? It was UK who first sent Long-Range Missiles? Need reminding that it took months after UK and France's decision to send long-range missiles for America to follow? We been leading already, we been focused on Europe already.

If this is how you want to be then you're on your own with China, you're on your own with Iran/Israel, you're on your own the next time some terrorists attack your country, every single goddamn American-led war, the UK has followed them into like a loyal little dog and these MAGA twats have the nerve to bitch about us?

with MAGA logic Blair should have said "well, those WTC buildings haven't been in Europe, have they?"

"Colleagues, First and foremost, on behalf of Czechia, I wish to express my profound sorrow and sadness at the attacks on Okhmatdyt Children's Hospital as well as on several maternity hospitals in Kyiv and across Ukraine, resulting in many dead and wounded. What happened yesterday is unconscionable. It is beyond the pale. Czechia condemns in the strongest terms the devastating attacks perpetrated by the Russian Federation. The horrific spectacle of relentless death and destruction caused by Russia's blatant aggression reached a new dark chapter yesterday. Targeting small, innocent and sick children with hypersonic missiles is utterly shocking.

Directing attacks against civilians and civilian objects is a war crime, and any such attacks are unacceptable and must end immediately. Regrettably, Russia continues to completely disregard international law as well as claims for durable and just peace. It is more than obvious that arguments such as "mistaken strike" or "Ukrainian air defence caused it" do not hold any ground here. Russian military must have known perfectly well what civilian targets they aimed at and what damage these strikes would cause.

Colleagues, No matter what lies the Russian propagandists continue to spread, the simple truth remains: Putin's Russia is the aggressor. The launching of this war of territorial aggression is Russia's choice.

The gross violation of the UN Charter and international law is Russia's choice. The bombing of schools and hospitals is Russia's choice. The killing of children and civilians is Russia's choice. Let that sink in. Those responsible for this war must be held to account. Colleagues, Ukraine needs our support. Ukraine is defending its territorial integrity and fighting for its survival. I want to use this opportunity to reaffirm that Czech support for Ukraine remains unwavering.

The international community must take concrete steps to end the war and support Ukraine's sovereignty within its internationally recognised borders. Czechia is determined to work with all those who genuinely uphold the key principles of the UN Charter to bring an end to Russia's aggression against Ukraine once and for all. Thank you. "

Czech Speech at the UN Security Council | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic

Zelenksy: I don't know who will be president. I hope the United States will never go out from the NATO, otherwise the world will lose a lot of countries … which rely on American leadership … I hope the United States will never seriously think to go out from NATO … but it's not my decision."

Very interesting remarks from Zelensky pondering a Trump presidency: "I don't know very well him ... We had good meetings when he was the president" but we never experienced war together. Zelensky says you never truly understand someone until you experience war with them.

"Only through the war do you understand if you can count on someone or not," he says. Zelensky suggests he lost friends at the start of the war who decided to flee the country he had friends before the war but they fled the country

"We lost some of them because they found another land."

Future of Europe’s security will be decided in Ukraine, EU’s top diplomat warns | Semafor