By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
BFR said:

That's not a lot of F-16s, and we have plenty to spare.

120 is a lot.

Australia has less than 20 F18 and like 60 F35s, to cover the whole country, which is 13 times bigger than Ukraine.

Yer we fucked if someone invades lol.

In the context of total supplies it's not that much, more than 4,450 F-16s have been delivered worldwide as of 2010. As of 2023, the USAF operates a total of 841 F-16s of different variants. European allies likely have hundreds in total. I think your navy is more important than your air force considering your natural barrier, Lol. But Australia has AUKUS so nobody will threaten you. Honestly no single country could nowadays take on a nuclear power alone, that's why we have NATO and security partnerships.

BFR said:

"There are countries who are training soldiers on the ground already," Kallas told FT, adding that they did so at their own risk.

The prime minister did not name any specific countries or provide any further details on their purported operations.

===

This makes it even more infuriating it's even a debate, why does the West insist on handcuffing itself...If we have training troops there already, Russia will know, they've done nothing about it, what difference does it make whether it's 100 or 1000...Send them with AD teams and Russia likely won't get through them, it's all so dumb.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 May 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Cobretti2 said:

120 is a lot.

Australia has less than 20 F18 and like 60 F35s, to cover the whole country, which is 13 times bigger than Ukraine.

Yer we fucked if someone invades lol.

In the context of total supplies it's not that much, more than 4,450 F-16s have been delivered worldwide as of 2010. As of 2023, the USAF operates a total of 841 F-16s of different variants. European allies likely have hundreds in total. I think your navy is more important than your air force considering your natural barrier, Lol. But Australia has AUKUS so nobody will threaten you. Honestly no single country could nowadays take on a nuclear power alone, that's why we have NATO and security partnerships.

Well that is a lot produced. Then yer 120 shouldn't be an issue.

I am not worried about other countries invading us. We are goo at selling everything off, so no nee for that kind of invasion lol. Natural Gas as an example, we the biggest exporter n the world, UAE is second. We get 2bn profit they get close to 50bn, how does that work lol? We sold out to foreign investors and get screwed on royalties.

Invade, I meant more from aliens. Remined me of independence day how they shot down one near Sydney Harbour. Lol our small airforce be wiped out in 10mins.

Then again they managed to convince our Government to increase military budget because of China being the big bad wolf who wants to invade us.

And they can just amass while Ukraine can't do a thing about it.

Confirmation that France enforces the ban too.

Since Storm Shadow/SCALP are a joint UK/France product, I think it's safe to assume Storm Shadow can't hit Russia either.

Just spoke to a 🇺🇦 friend on the border of Kharkiv region near Vovchansk. I’ve never heard him this upset before. They are forced to only use drones because they can’t fire 🇺🇸 shells on Russian territory. Ukraine knows exactly where the C300 launchers & invading troops are located, but can’t fire. Russians, meanwhile, launch and retreat back across the border. Ukrainian forces are defending the country (and Europe) with one hand tied behind their backs.

===

Americans should be emailing their representatives how disgusting and stupid this policy is.

Ryuu96 said:

Just spoke to a 🇺🇦 friend on the border of Kharkiv region near Vovchansk. I’ve never heard him this upset before. They are forced to only use drones because they can’t fire 🇺🇸 shells on Russian territory. Ukraine knows exactly where the C300 launchers & invading troops are located, but can’t fire. Russians, meanwhile, launch and retreat back across the border. Ukrainian forces are defending the country (and Europe) with one hand tied behind their backs.

===

Americans should be emailing their representatives how disgusting and stupid this policy is.

It's stupid but we are I the real world and we have to abide by all kinds of stupid rules. Ukraine is also expanding their drone production as a way around this. Things will get better. 

shavenferret said:
Ryuu96 said:

===

It's stupid but we are I the real world and we have to abide by all kinds of stupid rules. Ukraine is also expanding their drone production as a way around this. Things will get better. 

Drones won't be enough.