By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

The world slept through the revival of Nazism - at 5 am on February 24, 2022. And today, everyone who remembers the Second World War and lived to this day feels deja vu.

Battle for Kyiv, bombing of Kharkiv, Odesa, Dnipro, mass graves, deportation of children, filtration camps, colonies for prisoners. Pages from the textbooks about the Second World War, Russia returned to the headlines of the world media, proving with each new crime: Nazism was reborn. Only with the new marking: "Made in Russia".

To stop this, as in 1945, only the united free world is capable. United in the anti-Putin coalition. Not with words, but with actions, he is able to stop the Nazis in Moscow, to prevent new evil from spreading to the entire European continent, and later to the entire world. To prove loyalty to the words "Never again!", so that "Never again!" was relevant again.

Mad respect for Zelenskyy still trying with idiots like Orban.

I know he probably deep down wants to punch Orban, as we all do.

UK, America, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc To Lithuania: 

Nah...Look at this shit.

If Ukraine agrees, surely we can't let our little Lithuania go in it alone?!

Around the Network

Ukraine uses ATACMS missles against a Russian refineries. And while I'm all for Ukraine being aggressive in this war, it would seem pertinent to not do anything unwise as they are living off of donations. The Ukranians have to not piss off its partners.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/05/08/russian-proxy-reports-atacms-missile-hit-on-luhansk-oil-depot/

Russian oil prices are a bit higher now, $79.5 per barrel. The link shows the prices climbing in the last week or so, and it's good news for ukraine. Click on the link for the graph, which numerically shows the pain the Russians are feeling because of the strikes.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/urals-oil

shavenferret said:

Ukraine uses ATACMS missles against a Russian refineries. And while I'm all for Ukraine being aggressive in this war, it would seem pertinent to not do anything unwise as they are living off of donations. The Ukranians have to not piss off its partners.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/05/08/russian-proxy-reports-atacms-missile-hit-on-luhansk-oil-depot/

That's an oil depot, not a refinery, but a bit irrelevant to your point, Lol.

Anyway, America likely knows what targets Ukraine is using ATACMS on but an oil depot in Luhansk is used for the war effort and I think if America stopped aiding Ukraine because they hit an oil depot which may increase prices then America would get a shitstorm of criticism thrown their way from all their partners, Ukraine can't pause its war efforts because "oil prices may increase" and because "Trump may win" when there's no guarantee of Biden winning even if they don't do these strikes so Ukraine should Imho, continue doing these strikes.

The fact it was done with ATACMS makes me think America likely said to Ukraine "We don't like that but it's your weapon to do with what you want"

Ryuu96 said:

I'm not sure who this interviewer is but...

"The Russians being the most powerful nuclear weapons state in the world" - What? By what measurement? How can someone say this in 2024 when Russia can barely get through Donbas in Ukraine? Even before this invasion, America was the most powerful nuclear weapons state in the world, now I'd also say China, France and the UK are above them, maybe even India. Only way it makes sense is if he's talking strictly # of nuclear weapons only but that's really irrelevant when 1 nuke can cause such devastation.

Then he says to Lithuania that Washington, Berlin and London have to consider the strategic reality in ways that Lithuania doesn't, he says Lithuania is a little bit divorced from actual responsibility...What? Lithuania is literally bordered with Russia and constantly threatened by Russia...I understand asking "tough questions" but saying Lithuania is divorced from actual responsibility is a straight lie, Lol.