By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

BFR said:

Just thinking out loud......On this Thursday, March 7 at 9pm ET, President Biden will deliver his 2024 State of the Union Address

in front of the entire Congress.  Speaker Johnson will be seated behind him.

How much you wanna bet Navalny's family is there too, or at least his wife?

Wikipedia:

Family and personal life

Navalny was married to Yulia Abrosimova and had two children, daughter Darya (Dasha) Navalnaya, who began

undergraduate studies at Stanford University in September 2019, and son Zakhar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Navalny

Just had to check this to make sure and yeah the President can invite up to 24 guests to sit in the box, it'd be a powerful image if both Zelenskyy and Yulia were there seated together but they won't be able to speak, still he could make mention about America's responsibility to its allies, I'm not sure if Zelenskyy would bother though as his last trip in December 2023 amounted to nothing thanks to Johnson.

But it won't be impossible for Yulia to show up.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 March 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Holy crap that's a long list of vehicles that Russia lost there, most notably 8 T80BV (and and potentially even a T90M) plus 4 BTR-82A. These are losses that are simply untenable on the long run, especially since apparently most of Russia's tank production numbers is actually just retrofitting old models, not producing new vehicles.

BFR said:

Very strange video. The first thought I had was "I've seen this video before, sometimes last year". Note the surrounding looks like summer with all the withered shrubbery andno mud/snow visible. There are also several videos around showing the Russians actually use golf carts now to shovel their troups to the front line. Sounds bizarre but these carts are almost impossible to hit with artillery or even drones so that actually makes sense., in some way.

Around the Network

"It could come to the floor for a vote late March or April."

Just fuck off you piece of shit, delay, delay, delay. I'll believe it when I see it.

And I'm sorry, am I reading this right? "Behind the scenes, Johnson has met privately with House Republicans who have been trying to build support for a new bipartisan foreign aid package that includes restrictions on the US border with Mexico." It's not the current foreign aid bill that he wants to vote on but a NEW one which includes border policies? They fucking asked for that the first time around, then changed their mind and said they don't want foreign aid attached to a border bill, now they want it again!?!?

And if I'm reading it correctly even further, the Senate bill which has already passed was for $95bn in aid to Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel but Johnson's new bullshit is $66bn for Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel?! Not only that, it proposes removing humanitarian aid which was part of the Senate package! Gets even worse, they are looking at turning some of the aid into a loan which Ukraine is in no position to repay and won't be for years and years.

And since they want to change the bill, it would have to be revoted on in Senate as well.

Mike Johnson is such a fucking scumbag, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Two pictures from Ukraine. 1st: A loving mother holding her baby son. 2nd: The same loving mother (that's her outstretched hand) buried under the rubble of her flat - her young baby is lying on top of her, wrapped in a blood stained blanket. R.I.P Killed overnight by Russia. Killed overnight by all who support Russia.

Mike Johnson is a Russian asset, traitor to Europe, traitor to America and its allies, a perfect example of why we Europeans or America's Asian allies can't ever trust Republicans, GOP nowadays is being controlled by isolationist pricks who love Russia more than their own country because they love Russia's straight white male fascism, a bunch of bigoted fuckers.

Part of me now would love to tell America to go fuck themselves if they ever ask UK for help against China if they ever decide to invade Taiwan and let America deal with China themselves but I know I wouldn't want that deep down because Taiwanese people would be innocent in this scenario and unlike many Republicans I still have a conscience.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 March 2024

Wish House Dems/Senate Dems could just do a vague $66bn foreign aid bill for Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel but make no comment about where the money is being sent, then send all $60bn to Ukraine, $5bn to Taiwan and $1bn to Israel but only in humanitarian aid because Israel don't deserve shit in terms of military aid and definitely don't need it more than Ukraine.

I know that would be impossible, Lol.

But now I wonder what the split for Ukraine would be in a hypothetical $66bn bill.

Hmm, I forgot the aid bill originally included humanitarian aid for Palestinians so obviously work that into it but you get my point, so Republicans would be ripping away humanitarian aid for Palestinians as well in this new bill?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 March 2024