By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

crissindahouse said:

Even just placing NATO troops to secure the border to Belarus and to secure the cities from drones/cruise missiles would already help Ukraine a lot. They could operate hundreds of miles away from Russia just to shoot down whatever is going to hit the cities. No single Russian soldier would get killed as long as they wouldn't invade from Belarus. That's really not much to complain about. 

Yup.

Imagine the fuckton of anti-air equipment which would come alongside NATO forces too, they could probably secure the whole of western Ukraine without interacting with a single Russian soldier and the odds of NATO soldiers dying would be low (but not impossible). Every single western Ukraine soldier could be sent to the frontlines as a result.

They could free up the troops around Transnistria, they could also send some into Moldova if Moldova allows it to secure Moldova's side too.

Even if they didn't secure the entire Belarus border, even securing it up to Kyiv would free up a large amount of troops.

It'd free up resources to Ukraine, allow their economy to flourish, save innocent Ukrainian lives and come at a small cost/small risk to NATO.

You can do all this without a single NATO soldier firing a bullet at a Russian soldier, since the frontline has barely changed for 2 years and isn't it Russia themselves who say that they have "no intention of taking all of Ukraine" which is obvious bullshit but hey that's what they say, so they should have no issue with us sending troops to Western Ukraine, right?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 March 2024

Around the Network

Today, Mark Rutte and I signed a bilateral security agreement between Ukraine and the Netherlands.

The document includes €2 billion in military aid from the Netherlands this year, as well as further defense assistance over the next ten years.

It also prioritizes the provision of air defense, artillery, sea, and long-range capabilities, with a particular emphasis on strengthening Ukraine's air force.

The agreement formalizes the Netherlands' principled position on strengthening sanctions against Russia, making it compensate for damages, and holding the aggressor accountable.

According to the document, the Netherlands also supports Ukraine's future membership in the EU and NATO.

I am grateful to Prime Minister Rutte for this agreement, which will strengthen the protection of Ukraine, including the city of Kharkiv, where we met today.

Ryuu96 said:

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to sending peacekeeping forces into Ukraine West, along the Transnistria border and inside of Moldova on the other side of Transnistria and along the Belarusian border thus freeing up Ukraine's troops and then WE can set the lines for once, we can tell Russia, try it, I dare you to strike our troops with your missiles and see what happens to your troops inside of Ukraine.

Funny. I suggested the idea for Poland to do this about a year or so ago, but you or someone in this thread shot that idea down. Glad to see people coming around to the idea though.

Farsala said:
Ryuu96 said:

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to sending peacekeeping forces into Ukraine West, along the Transnistria border and inside of Moldova on the other side of Transnistria and along the Belarusian border thus freeing up Ukraine's troops and then WE can set the lines for once, we can tell Russia, try it, I dare you to strike our troops with your missiles and see what happens to your troops inside of Ukraine.

Funny. I suggested the idea for Poland to do this about a year or so ago, but you or someone in this thread shot that idea down. Glad to see people coming around to the idea though.

Definitely not me who already posted that on the 17th of October 2022 about Poland and Belarus 🙂

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9407311

can also not imagine Ryuu to say something against it. He always was like "give Ukraine everyting they need and give a fuck about Russia black mailing the West"

Around the Network

Juicy revelations from Russia regarding Germany today. I don't quite get Russia's goals here, because the information in question is actually more likely to work against them. Considering the past though, it wouldn't be surprising if Russia's intent and the result were completely different; they've been stupid before.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:

Juicy revelations from Russia regarding Germany today. I don't quite get Russia's goals here, because the information in question is actually more likely to work against them. Considering the past though, it wouldn't be surprising if Russia's intent and the result were completely different; they've been stupid before.

What hap--

Officers probably discussed Taurus delivery: Ministry of Defense investigates suspicion that the air force was bugged

According to the report, the virtual meeting of the officers did not take place via a secure line, but via the easy-to-listen platform WebEx.

Oh Germany...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 March 2024

The clip also contains reference to the British having "a few people on the ground" in connection with the deployment of their Storm Shadow cruise missiles delivered to Ukraine

Germany probes potential bugging of Bundeswehr Ukraine talks – DW – 03/02/2024

Oh dear, Lmao. UK is not going to be happy. This is a huge security fuck up.

Ryuu96 said:

The clip also contains reference to the British having "a few people on the ground" in connection with the deployment of their Storm Shadow cruise missiles delivered to Ukraine

It sure is. But if the UK (and France) have a few people in Ukraine already and Russia knows about it while not doing anything in retaliation (other than using words), then why should anyone be afraid of having Germans in Ukraine too.

It is assumed that Russia leaked this in an attempt to prevent Taurus from being delivered to Ukraine, but I only see this increasing the chances for a delivery.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Ryuu96 said:

It sure is. But if the UK (and France) have a few people in Ukraine already and Russia knows about it while not doing anything in retaliation (other than using words), then why should anyone be afraid of having Germans in Ukraine too.

It is assumed that Russia leaked this in an attempt to prevent Taurus from being delivered to Ukraine, but I only see this increasing the chances for a delivery.

I listened to part of the audio recording, in shitty English subs (maybe @crissindahouse can give us the basic gist of it but it's 30 minutes long...) and I skipped to the part about British involvement, the officer? seems to say that Britain has troops deployed in Ukraine to help with Storm Shadow but he specifically states that France does not.

So my assumption would be that UK is helping to launch both Storm Shadow and SCALP (on behalf of the French) and you make a good point that Russia has had this audio recording and done nothing about the fact that they know there's British troops in Ukraine helping to fire Storm Shadow missiles on Russian troops and if UK doesn't lose its balls all of a sudden and keeps British troops inside of Ukraine firing Storm Shadow's at Russian submarines and Russia still does nothing then others have no excuse to not get more involved too.

But on the disappointing side, this explains why Storm Shadow/SCALP hasn't been used on Russian soil yet if it would technically be a British soldier helping to fire Storm Shadow on Russian territory, Lol. But Crimean Bridge should NOT be off-limits, it's an illegal bridge connecting to illegally stolen land, but that's a minor point because Storm Shadow can't blow the bridge anyway, not strong enough.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 March 2024