By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

BTR-50 was made in 1954, it's no wonder why there's at least 6 bodies laying beside it.

Compared to when the Bradley's and Leopards were destroyed and everyone got out safely.

Around the Network

Videos on Avdiivka.

Am I seeing things or in that 2nd video...Does that Mobik run over one of his own?

The bottom vehicle, there appears to be two soldiers beside it, I swear he runs over one and the other moves out the way.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 October 2023

Fucking Christ, Lol.

Maybe it's a mercy kill compared to what could happen to him!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 October 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

There is no way the BMP driver could see if there is something/someone hidden in the high grass behind him. Though it looks the guy that was flattened was at least injured before. It is very dangerous to be near a tank in action. I remember being so stupid and standing a few meters behind a tank once. It suddenly jumped back and I almost got hit, taught me a lesson forever burnt into my brain.

Ryuu96 said:
S.Peelman said:

It's funny how Russia apparently hasn't realised yet what the rest of the world realised back in World War I; 18th and 19th century charge tactics don't work well against machine guns.

Truly is the only offensive tactic that Russia knows, they have the numbers so they don't care for the lives of their soldiers so just keep throwing endless waves of combatants at the enemy and hope sheer numbers overwhelm the enemy, pretty much their tactics since the Soviets. They'd be absolutely f*cking screwed as a country if they didn't have the number of bodies they do have.

It's frustrating to see Russia display that they don't give a single f*ck about the lives of their soldiers and yet still seeing Russians charge headfirst into their graves for Russia whilst at the same time whining that Russia doesn't care about them but not doing a thing about it. You'd think the smart thing to do now would be hunker down behind the defensive lines and wait for Ukraine to come to them but nope, we need to get a few kms extra of land no matter what.

Their propaganda and nationalism keeps enough of the civilians of Russia feel honoured to send their sons and husbands to the meat grinder with no other real mission but to murder and terrorize other human beings before their demise. They see this as a strength of their culture, not its fatal failing.

Putin sees himself as the exceptional Prince in Machiavellian literature.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

drkohler said:
Ryuu96 said:

There is no way the BMP driver could see if there is something/someone hidden in the high grass behind him. Though it looks the guy that was flattened was at least injured before. It is very dangerous to be near a tank in action. I remember being so stupid and standing a few meters behind a tank once. It suddenly jumped back and I almost got hit, taught me a lesson forever burnt into my brain.

I wasn't being serious about it being a mercy kill, Lol. I've just seen shit in this war from drone injuries that are horrific!

Definitely didn't see him as he was reversing.

S.Peelman said:

It's funny how Russia apparently hasn't realised yet what the rest of the world realised back in World War I; 18th and 19th century charge tactics don't work well against machine guns.

Hey, they managed to do it despite machineguns and assault rifles in WW2, so they think they can do it again. But Nazi Germany didn't have the time to dig in properly and were short on other equipments like tanks, things that ain't true for Ukraine, while the soviet union had a massive advantage in numbers, but in personel and equipment, so they could afford it - and even then, if D-Day would have failed, they'd run out of bodies before they'd reached Berlin. But in this war, they are alone and are running out of bodies already.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Hey, they managed to do it despite machineguns and assault rifles in WW2, so they think they can do it again. But Nazi Germany didn't have the time to dig in properly and were short on other equipments like tanks, things that ain't true for Ukraine, while the soviet union had a massive advantage in numbers, but in personel and equipment, so they could afford it - and even then, if D-Day would have failed, they'd run out of bodies before they'd reached Berlin. But in this war, they are alone and are running out of bodies already.

That's true, they did it before so why change tactics now.