By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

thanks for all the updates

I usually try my best not to critisize or speak bad about people, but Musk is a piece of shit

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

-Snip-

Musk really manages to get lower and lower.

I just hope he doesn't follow in Trump's footsteps one day and wants to become president...

Oh don't worry, he'll just endorse him, Lol.

Or he's going to do the ol "both sides suck, don't vote for neither!" if he's afraid of openly endorsing a far right Republican.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 October 2023

Ryuu96 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I just hope he doesn't follow in Trump's footsteps one day and wants to become president...

Oh don't worry, he'll just endorse him, Lol.

Or he's going to do the ol "both sides suck, don't vote for neither!" if he's afraid of openly endorsing a far right Republican.

2024 will probably be the last election Trump can even run for due to his advanced age. Having Trump getting replaced by Musk is pretty much the worst I can imagine for both the US and the world.

He should go to Mars and elect himself as Emperor-President of Mars instead

Bofferbrauer2 said:

As Musk is a naturalised citizen of the US, having been born in South Africa, he is ineligible to run for President. Otherwise, yes I could have seen him trying to get the job.

SecondWar said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

As Musk is a naturalised citizen of the US, having been born in South Africa, he is ineligible to run for President. Otherwise, yes I could have seen him trying to get the job.

Lol, I completely forgot about this.

Thank God.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 October 2023

Around the Network

On a different note, I’ve seen it reported that Republicans such as Matt Gaetz are supporting Biden sending further military aid to Israel.
It does highlight the hypocrisy when he says he opposes what he calls the US funding a foreign government (Ukraine) but takes the opposite stance in the case of Israel.

Ryuu96 said:

Hohol = Ethnic slur that Russians use against Ukrainians.

Musk deleted his tweet, but we know the sort of people he gets his "news" from now.

Absolutely despise this fucking idiot (Musk).

Btw there's two WarMonitors, there's this moron above and then there's another called WarMonitor3 who is cool.

He obviously deleted his tweet. That was always his tactic. Spread misinformation, retweet shit accounts or recommend them and delete the tweets afterwards so that he can act as If nothing happened. But millions will read that misinformation and/or follow these accounts because of it which is his goal. 

He knows already before he tweets shit that he will delete it again after enough people fell for it

Small victories
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67066840

The White House and the U.S. Congress are actively discussing the possibility of combining military aid to Israel with additional funding for UkraineNBC News reported on Oct. 10, citing officials from the administration and two pro-Ukraine lawmakers from the Republican Party.

Lawmakers from both parties who support providing additional assistance to Ukraine have proposed this approach as a potential way to secure funding for Kyiv, despite resistance from some members of the Republican Party in the U.S. Congress.

A group of conservatives in the House of Representatives strongly opposes new funding for Ukraine, as requested by the White House. However, allocating additional aid to Israel after attacks by Hamas militants on Israelis does not face the same level of opposition among members of the U.S. Congress.

The White House is currently evaluating the "political viability" of such a method, said an administration representative, acknowledging that the final decision will be up to Congress.

John Kirby, the U.S. National Security Council's coordinator for strategic communications, stated that the needs of both countries are important, and the United States is "large enough, big enough, economically viable and vibrant enough country to be able to support both."

Despite the U.S. administration already providing military aid to Israel, the White House expects that congressional action will be required for additional aid that may be needed by the country.

US Congress Explores Innovative Approach: Combining Israel & Ukraine Aid – News / The New Voice of Ukraine

I was actually thinking about this but didn't post it because I thought they wouldn't do it, Lol.

My basic idea was the Democrats going like "okay, lets pass a foreign military aid budget, instead of doing separate bills for Ukraine and Israel this budget would cover all "foreign military aid" and then we leave it to the President to decide where the funds are sent" and make it like a couple dozen billion at minimum, politicians are up Israel's ass so it might be a smart thing to do and at the end of the day, Israel wouldn't need much from this hypothetical budget, they're already incredibly powerful.

Yle source: Gas pipeline leak "does not appear to be an accident"

The Finnish government is to hold a press conference on Tuesday afternoon to discuss a gas pipeline leak in the Gulf of Finland, Yle has confirmed. According to Yle sources, the leak "does not appear to be an accident" and the press conference is believed to be related to "a worrying change in Finland's security situation".

The Finnish Security Intelligence Service (Supo) and the Finnish Border Guard are taking part in an investigation of the incident.

Finland's National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said late Monday that it would make an announcement about the case on Tuesday afternoon, but that was cancelled without explanation.

The fossil gas network company Gasgrid Finland and the Estonian gas network operator Elering noticed an unusual drop in pressure in the Balticconnector pipeline between the countries shortly before 2am on Sunday.

On Monday, Gasgrid Finland said the only possible reason for the unusual pressure drop in the Balticconnector pipeline is a hole in the pipe, which has only been in use for a few years. It could be out of use for months due to the leak.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 October 2023