By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

I really hope that they know what they are doing

may God be with them 🙏

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Every new week our government updates the list of support to Ukraine I hope to see some more Leopard 1 but still only those few from some weeks ago. I wonder how long those pledged will take to get delivered. At least two more IRIS-T launchers this week.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

Every new week our government updates the list of support to Ukraine I hope to see some more Leopard 1 but still only those few from some weeks ago. I wonder how long those pledged will take to get delivered. At least two more IRIS-T launchers this week.

It's probable that those Leopards all need to be seriously refurbished first, since they've been in deep storage for a while now. If they want to send them in batches, it will always take some time before a batch is finished.

Maybe America just ends up sending more Abrams...Hopefully...It's clear that we aren't going to get many more Leopard 2's or Challenger 2's.

Seeing how America just non-stop spits out Bradley's cause they have thousands, I wish they'd do the same with Abrams.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
crissindahouse said:

It's probable that those Leopards all need to be seriously refurbished first, since they've been in deep storage for a while now. If they want to send them in batches, it will always take some time before a batch is finished.

Yeah I know, but they announced the supply already so long ago that it's a little bit annoying to take so long. It's also annoying to know that every new support which will be announced will also take so long to be even ready as long as it's not brand new stuff which doesn't need to be refurbished first. 

Ryuu96 said:

Maybe America just ends up sending more Abrams...Hopefully...It's clear that we aren't going to get many more Leopard 2's or Challenger 2's.

Seeing how America just non-stop spits out Bradley's cause they have thousands, I wish they'd do the same with Abrams.

Btw what is with Challenger 1? They went to Jordan I think but they replaced them already as well. Wouldn't it make sense if those could be bought back from wherever they are now? I know Ukraine has already enough different systems but that war will still take a long time I guess. 

crissindahouse said:
Ryuu96 said:

Btw what is with Challenger 1? They went to Jordan I think but they replaced them already as well. Wouldn't it make sense if those could be bought back from wherever they are now? 

It would...I think I've said it before, Jordan has hundreds of Challenger 1's and they're replacing them or have already replaced them? I don't know why UK hasn't repurchased them and sent them to Ukraine, it'd be a shame to just leave them to rot. Even if only a few dozen are still operational, that's still extra MBTs and the rest can be used for spare parts.

Idk...