By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Likewise, really appreciate your efforts & check this thread daily. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Been thinking about stepping down from Mod lately (for months Tbh, Lol). But I'm really concerned about what would happen to this thread if I did, mainly the concern that Russian supporting idiots would take the opportunity to rush in and shit the thread up. I have no intentions of stopping updates to this thread and supporting Ukraine to the very end but for various reasons I'm down on the Mod role for, honestly, the past year or so, Lol. This thread and another are the only reasons I'm holding onto it at this stage.

I just created an account to tell you this: You're doing an amazing job.

For someone like me who can't be bothered to use twitter and comb through all that information, your posts in this thread are a very valuable resource. This thread has become the main attractor to this website for me and that's mostly because of your efforts.

Thanks a lot for the support guys, I've been feeling off for a while now on this whole Mod status and it largely has nothing to do with this thread as to why I've felt down on it but I know I've became a bit blunt lately though and lacking a bit of Mod professionalism, Lol. Alongside the annoyance that this role often brings (cause it's mostly about punishing users and then being moaned at for punishing users).

I've questioned my ability as a Moderator lately and if I'm doing a good enough job or active enough for the role, for various reasons having difficulty getting back into the feel of things, my main contribution as a Mod the past year has largely been watching over this thread, Lol, I've been reported a few times for my actions in here, Lol. But it's been good to vent a little and it's also nice to see those comments.

I consider myself an overall positive person, of course there's a lot of negativity in the world lately, but I wouldn't say Russia/Ukraine stuff is the cause of my declining interest in the Mod role, I'm supporting Ukraine to the very end! But I leave this thread and it's also, console wars, fanboys, people complaining about such minor things, I'm so short on patience on that level of pettiness and pointless drama, that I am a bit blunt with my words, Lol.

I want to keep my role to continue watching over this thread no doubt though.

It's also nice to see and a helpful reminder of how many genuinely awesome users this website has. It reminds me of the community that I represent as a Moderator and while there's a few minor annoyances, there's a large part who are genuinely great people, as an example, everyone in this thread who supports Ukraine. Anyway back to that, Lol. Sorry for going slightly off-topic but things have been fairly quiet on the frontlines lately.

Shell Still Trading Russian Gas Despite Pledge to Stop - BBC News

Around the Network

Akhmat = Kadyrov.

Ryuu96 said:

Thanks a lot for the support guys, I've been feeling off for a while now on this whole Mod status and it largely has nothing to do with this thread as to why I've felt down on it but I know I've became a bit blunt lately though and lacking a bit of Mod professionalism, Lol. Alongside the annoyance that this role often brings (cause it's mostly about punishing users and then being moaned at for punishing users).

I've questioned my ability as a Moderator lately and if I'm doing a good enough job or active enough for the role, for various reasons having difficulty getting back into the feel of things, my main contribution as a Mod the past year has largely been watching over this thread, Lol, I've been reported a few times for my actions in here, Lol. But it's been good to vent a little and it's also nice to see those comments.

I consider myself an overall positive person, of course there's a lot of negativity in the world lately, but I wouldn't say Russia/Ukraine stuff is the cause of my declining interest in the Mod role, I'm supporting Ukraine to the very end! But I leave this thread and it's also, console wars, fanboys, people complaining about such minor things, I'm so short on patience on that level of pettiness and pointless drama, that I am a bit blunt with my words, Lol.

I want to keep my role to continue watching over this thread no doubt though.

It's also nice to see and a helpful reminder of how many genuinely awesome users this website has. It reminds me of the community that I represent as a Moderator and while there's a few minor annoyances, there's a large part who are genuinely great people, as an example, everyone in this thread who supports Ukraine. Anyway back to that, Lol. Sorry for going slightly off-topic but things have been fairly quiet on the frontlines lately.

Sadly that comes with the territory with any position of power. If you try to please everyone it will actually do more harm then good as then you have upset everyone lol. All you can do is be consistent with your decisions (i.e. if someone runs over someone in the same exact scenario, whether they are your brother or stranger you should judge the same punishment. I use this as an example with people and you can soon see who is bias towards family. I had one guy tell me if a stranger ran over his mother he would kill them, but if is brother did he wouldn't. Basically you can't argue with someone who has logic and they will be upset no matter what action you take against them).

The feeling is even worst when people mistake someone else's action and blame it on you, or people that you work with who meant to have your back through you under the bus when it comes time to make a tough decision. Or worst they are in charge get you to do the dirty work then pretend they know nothing about it and behind your back blame you so they can maintain a "good guy" image. Those kinds of people are narcissistic bastards who like to see others suffer and them get praised.

On here I have been moderated a few times, but I was smart enough to know I would be because I snapped at a troll and let emotions get the better of me. I would argue most people on here are smart enough knowing when they will get banned for a post.

The one time I didn't agree with a ban at the time was when I used the word fanboy, because at the time I didn't read the rules and didn't think people used it in a derogatory way, as I assumed we are all fanboys of one system or more. As time went on I could see people using it with bad connotations and understood why the rule was in place.

All I can say is that there are people out there who like to bring people down to make them feel shit, this is out of your control. Control the controllable things and only listen to the positives (i.e. as you know most in this thread appreciates everything you do. I certainly do as I hate twitter and find it frustrating that reply comments don't expand down but take you to another tweet thread then you end up in a rabbit hole you can't work your way back to the main one you were reading lol)  

That is concerning about the Western parts making their way into Russian weapons. Whoever is responsible for violating the sanctions should be punished in the same way they’d be punished for providing western materials to terrorists.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bacardi Reneges on Promise to Quit Russia, Sees Profits Triple

Unilever Named ‘International Sponsor of War’ by Ukraine | Unilever | The Guardian