By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ukraine won't be a puppet government. The independent states though? Perhaps.

There will be people in those areas that will welcome it too. They've also been under fire from Ukraine for quite some time. Here is a first hand account from a legit Australian news site. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-03/inside-the-separatist-republic-that-triggered-the-war-in-ukraine/100871262

Hopefully a resolution between parties can be found soon, Putin has no right invading and diplomacy should be the only way to solve disputes.

Around the Network

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Diplomacy will not work.
Putin has planned for the economic sanctions.
Only counter here is international military force.

Phoenix20 said:

Diplomacy will not work.

Yeah, more war. 

That'll end up fine.

Remember those 2700 Anti-tank rockets Germany delivers to the Ukraine?
Turns out many/most are useless and should have been destroyed in 2014.
German soldiers are ordered to wear full protective clothes when handling the wooden crates they are stored in due to serious mold.

Around the Network

WTF... So they've sent them potentially dangerous rubbish.

Why tho.

Ryuu96 said:

Classic Russian fuckery incoming, nobody will buy this during a war.

Did you read what @ironmanDX linked?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-03/inside-the-separatist-republic-that-triggered-the-war-in-ukraine/100871262
People will buy it :/

The story on the ground is quite different

"I have relatives and friends in Ukraine in Kyiv, in Odessa, in Mariupol," Alexandra tells me.

"Of course I feel sad for them and hope they will be safe. But Russia bombs only military facilities, not houses or schools or hospitals as Ukraine did."

None of what has happened has shaken her faith in what she sees as Putin's quest to save the innocent from Nazis.

Here's the danger of only following preferred news sources... The fuckery has been going on for a long time.

Phoenix20 said:

Diplomacy will not work.

Putin also planned this invasion to be done and dusted in few days. I don't believe for a second he anticipated such strong economic sanctions and global companies cutting their ties to Russia. All their industry and even agriculture will struggle immensely. Remember it's only been a week, way too early to say international military force is the only counter.

I agree diplomacy won't work as long as Putin and his regime is in power. It's obvious he isn't to be trusted at all. I can somewhat understand why Europe and US try to avoid direct involvement with military force, even though it's painful to stand by and watch Ukraine burn. But at the same time, in Putin's mind we're already in war against him. If he takes Ukraine he won't stop there.

Hopefully Russian citizens and military will turn on him. I don't know if people around the world even realize how brainwashed they are by Putin's regime. That's why sanctions are important, things will have to really go south in Russia for people to start asking some serious questions. 

SvennoJ said:
Ryuu96 said:

Classic Russian fuckery incoming, nobody will buy this during a war.

Did you read what @ironmanDX linked?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-03/inside-the-separatist-republic-that-triggered-the-war-in-ukraine/100871262
People will buy it :/

The story on the ground is quite different

"I have relatives and friends in Ukraine in Kyiv, in Odessa, in Mariupol," Alexandra tells me.

"Of course I feel sad for them and hope they will be safe. But Russia bombs only military facilities, not houses or schools or hospitals as Ukraine did."

None of what has happened has shaken her faith in what she sees as Putin's quest to save the innocent from Nazis.

Here's the danger of only following preferred news sources... The fuckery has been going on for a long time.

I have some Russians at my work here in Germany and even they are like "Putin only attacking military places, Putin only fights against the Nazis, Videos of bombed appartements are fake or from wars in other countries" and so on... If even those believe him everything...

Russia passes law, 15 years prison for claiming this is a war, no false information about military. Thousands of Russians locked up for protesting during the last week.