By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 to be an Oblivion clone

I enjoyed playing oblivion.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
if someone's say Fallout is a clone of Oblivion it excites me;.

+1

I agree.

"Oblivion with guns".

NONONONONONO

Fallout is not oblivion. Fallout is 10 times better. Oblivion was a boring piece of trash.

If Fallout is oblivion with guns I will boycott bethesda products forever.

Don't try and logically argue this with me. I'm a fallout fan, my opinion wont change.

^Read the two comments above me and the OP one and then you know why I created a thread about Oblivion

He likes to state his opinions as fact...

Around the Network

First of all, Fallout 3 is going to have multiple endings. That alone makes it different than Oblivion. This thread is useless.

sublime78 said:
It's kinda funny, not only did I like Oblivion... by halfway through the game I had attained GOD-LIKE power... and could pretty much run through anywhere not even taking damage. Actually I had it set up where in addition to not taking damage most enemies would kill themselves just by attacking me LOL. But I never had to adjust the difficulty.

I'll give Fallout 3 a chance. I understand it won't be the same, I would prefer the series stayed true to its roots. That said, wouldn't it rock out if they included Fallout 1 or 2 as an unlockable game in part 3?? It wouldn't take up that much extra space... or bring us the original Fallout games to the Live Arcade.

Hell, all this Fallout talk in this and the other thread I read that said you can get it for Mac makes me want to purchase another copy for 20 bucks since I no longer have my PC copies.

yeah, reflect damage items were nice. It's funny to see a lot of people complain it was too hard and a lot of people complain it was too easy. That's what difficulty sliders are for, though. The leveling system provided a lot of different character results.

I agree. everybody knows ps3 makes the best games!

No bethesda don't make the same game twice. They continually remove features and dumb their games down. The elder scrolls series has gotten progressively worse through the years. If fallout 3 is an amazing game I'll buy it and enjoy it. But if its like oblivion I wont enjoy it, so I certainly hope it isn't oblivion with guns.