By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Road to 160m+ for Nintendo Switch

Just doing some paper napkin math:

2.1m for Q1. Assume 2.1m for Q2 and Q4. Q3 is usually about 50% of sales so assume 6.3m. That makes 12.6m for the year which is not too far from their 13.5m forecast. When you consider that software releases are going to be stronger for the next 3 quarters, Nintendo is solidly on track to reach their sales goal.

Around the Network
CourageTCD said:
firebush03 said:

Sounds like the Japanese stock market may have just crashed. They’re reporting the biggest drop in nearly five decades. NSW may have a very rough remainder of the year…though surely it won’t hurt sales too significantly.

If the remainder of the year will be rough for the Switch how come the sales won't be hurt significantly? I hope the Switch manages to overcome that situation

(Prolly could've been a little better with my words...but I said sales figures won't be hurt "too signficantly", not just "signficantly".) This will certainly have a signficant impact on sales figures, but it won't be anything too crazy like The CliffTM.

firebush03 said:
CourageTCD said:

If the remainder of the year will be rough for the Switch how come the sales won't be hurt significantly? I hope the Switch manages to overcome that situation

(Prolly could've been a little better with my words...but I said sales figures won't be hurt "too signficantly", not just "signficantly".) This will certainly have a signficant impact on sales figures, but it won't be anything too crazy like The CliffTM.

Not only Japan is down, we see this over the world even though not as strongly. The wording is there is a fear that the US will go in recession.

Tober said:
firebush03 said:

Not only Japan is down, we see this over the world even though not as strongly. The wording is there is a fear that the US will go in recession.

I was under the impression that we were already in a recession, but maybe that's been due to my depression. I'll try to bring that up in my next therapy session. 

🎶 🎵 

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

firebush03 said:

Sounds like the Japanese stock market may have just crashed. They’re reporting the biggest drop in nearly five decades. NSW may have a very rough remainder of the year…though surely it won’t hurt sales too significantly.

Worked out great for me.
I sold my shares for a tidy profit a couple months ago and just now picked all of them back up for less than what I paid originally.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

143.42M, so just 16.58M to go!

Or just a little over Vita's lifetime sales.

Also, less than the Wii U til it passes DS.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 August 2024

I think the Switch can manage to reach 160M if it doesn't trip in any rock along the way. It is managable but it can't drop the ball at any moment. Unfortunatelly, declines in sales due to this japanese crash may be enough for make things impossible for the Switch reach the 160M. What do you think?

The Nintendo Switch will sell 200mil by June 31st, 2025…but this is only IF Nintendo releases a new Pikmin game before then. Otherwise, this is impossible. (Don’t believe me? Simply watch and see Nintendo not release a new Pikmin game and observe the figure not hit 200mil. Y’all will see and will realize I was right.)

CourageTCD said:

I think the Switch can manage to reach 160M if it doesn't trip in any rock along the way. It is managable but it can't drop the ball at any moment. Unfortunatelly, declines in sales due to this japanese crash may be enough for make things impossible for the Switch reach the 160M. What do you think?

I wouldn't worry too much about the Japanese stock market. It is already up almost 10% today. If anything, this benefits the Japanese market because the underlying reasons for this crash actually strengthened the yen. 

Mar1217 said:

So I know it might sound outdated in the future depending, but if the system is about to close on the 160M range, will we make a thread for the 170M milestone 🤪 ?

And Switch VS PS3+360 articles Please