By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gods Unchained: an NFT/blockchain game done right! (play to earn)

Since the best way to evaluate a new tech is by using/testing it, I recently started playing Gods Unchained, a collectible card game similar to Heartstone / Magic Arena. It is, currently, the most played NFT/blockchain game, developed by a skilled team under the lead of Magic Arena's main designer.

It's a very fun game with deeply strategic mechanics. It's free to play but rewards you by simply playing it with NFT cards and $gods (the game crypto token). Then you can use cards to enhance your decks, or sell them for $gods in the cards store. You can also spend the freely earned $gods tokens to buy packs or single cards.. or you can cash in by selling $gods for US dollars (1 $gods is about 3$).

The most powerful your deck is the more you earn in the online vs ranked events.

Cards are grouped by sets, and those sets are limited, so when a set is depleted the only way to buy its cards is by using the cards store. That's why many of those rare cards are priced 50+ $gods.

This type of economy, for a card game, is not new at all. It was inaugurated by Magic The Gathering since '90.
What I can tell you is that it works like a charm here, with NFTs and blockchain: I haven't spent a single cent of my own money, yet between $gods and NFTs cards I own several hundred dollars worth of tokens.

If you may be interested, just check it out https://godsunchained.com/

I sincerely having a lot of fun with it at the moment :)

What are your thoughts on NFTs/blockchain games? Have you already tried Gods Unchained or any other play to earn game (Sandbox etc)?

Blockchain gaming could become the standard for competitive multiplayer games in the near future?

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 15 January 2022

Around the Network

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 15 January 2022

NFT stands for No Fucking Thanks. NFT's can eat shit. Anyone who supports them goes on my permanent shit list.

Last edited by Leynos - on 15 January 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

NFTs are never done right

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

No. Can we please ban any promotion of NFT bullshit.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

No. Can we please ban any promotion of NFT bullshit.

This

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I am not interested in this game so I'll skip regardless but I'd like to know how they make money cause there's no such thing as a free lunch. Especially one where they give you money...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The environmental damage makes this shit regardless of how good the game itself is.

Captain_Yuri said:

I am not interested in this game so I'll skip regardless but I'd like to know how they make money cause there's no such thing as a free lunch. Especially one where they give you money...

They earn money whenever a player buy card packs from the main store, expansion packs like the Magic one you buy in stores. 

But the game is highly rewarding at the moment, so it isn't necessary to go high in ranks.

Surely card games are a particular type of game, but for fan of those is highly recommended.

Eagle367 said:

NFTs are never done right

In this case (and in my opinion) they are because thanks to NFT this game works exactly like an actual physical card game, except you do not have physical copies of the cards.

Just to make an example: You could keep playing this game forever as you like since you own that cards. You or any other developer in the world could recreate another game client to play this card game even if the main developer of the game cease activity, go bankruptcy or shut down the servers. You own your decks and cards, stored on blockchain, indefinitely.