By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG recommendations?

I would also recommend Disgaea 5 Complete on the Switch.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Since you pick the right franchise to start, which kinds of RPG are you looking for? Turn Based, Strategic, MMO ou Action-RPG? I think a positive thing about FF is they offer vast gameplay options compared to other franchises

Also, do you mind older graphics from 90's SNES games? If not, what about PS2 or PS3 games?

That's a really good point! FF really does have gameplay styles for every taste. I'm really big on Action-RPG and Turn Based mostly. Somewhat on strategic which I guess games like Fire Emblem tread that Turn Based/Strategic fine line. MMO's not so much. Mainly because time is something I lack nowadays, new dad :), so I'm not big on time syncs anymore. Which I've heard only GREAT things about FF14! 

I don't mind older games from any generation at all! As long as they've aged well lol I've played some games that I had great memories of, but when I try to play today, it's borderline unplayable lol

bold: card battle style, puzzle style or RTS style?

Xenoblade and DQXI S are fantastic

I played through DQ entirely in the old 2d mode.  the nostalgia was thicc.  loved it.

Card battling and simplified RTS has been done in the series.
I don’t think they have done a pure puzzle game though. Just had puzzles featured in the series.