By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ranking Arcade racing Games that I played (mostly Sega) That use Cabinet Arcade Machines

Have you tried Inertial drift? It's my favourite arcade racing I bought in 2021 although I think it was released in late 2020. It reminds me a bit of initial d and Ridge racer

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Have you tried Inertial drift? It's my favourite arcade racing I bought in 2021 although I think it was released in late 2020. It reminds me a bit of initial d and Ridge racer

I haven't been to arcades since the pandemic I'll try also add a video of arcades you've tried thumbs up oh I thought it was arcade It's on consoles only add it to other Thread , hugs.

Oh my bad. So racing at the arcades. Unfortunately where I live very few of the arcades remain. I only see some arcade games at the cinemas. Wangan midnight is really popular it's like the only racing arcade game here and that's the only racing game I play. My all time favourite is Daytona usa. Played that after school and on weekends with all my friends 8 player on advanced mode

Gotta love Daytona USA's soundtrack. DAYTOOOOONNAAAAAAA! LET'S GO AWAY!

It's been so long ago, my favorite was Lotus Turbo Challenge on the Amiga 500. We played that in split screen on a daily basis

It all started for me with Hyper Rally on the MSX

Actually it started with Turbo Outrun in the arcade.

I didn't play Outrun until later on PC

Where my sim racing addiction started with Indianapolis 500

The Need for speed series got my attention on PC

Then got really good later on Playstation

Test Drive was fun as well

And the first Gran Prix Circuit

Later Crazy Taxi became a big favorite

Before Burnout stole the show

When arcade racing was still hard, touch a car and reset.

It's probably why arcade racers don't give me many thrills anymore. There is so little risk, you can knock everyone out of the way, drive through everything hardly slowing down. Even a head on collision with a truck, ehh no problem, just rewind.

Oops, was Crazy Taxi ever in the arcades, I guess only (Turbo) Outrun counts.

Yep it counts. Crazy taxi would have been my favorite!

Arcades were taken over by slot machines when I became a teenager, so never really had a lot of time in them. Still enough to make it to the end in Turbo Outrun on one coin.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 04 January 2022

SegaHeart said:

Good list although Crazy Taxi arcade is driver game not a racing game , I did play Crazy Taxi in arcades in 2012 in Los Angeles loved it also there is a console game like it called simpsons road rage on PS2 and other games. Great list

Crazy Taxi is great because it doesn't waste any time. Obviously because of its arcade roots, yet the flow is addictive. Forza Horizon has a few taxi mission, yet there it's blah blah blah, loading screen, blah blah blah, drive to client, loading screen, blah, blah, blah, loading screen, deliver client, blah, blah, blah, loading screen. Drive to the next mission. After one, I'm done. Crazy taxi is a rush, one more go, try again. That's what defines arcade games.

A modern crazy taxi would be great. Photogrammetry is nearly good enough to make it a cloud game with real world data. Any big city in the world, all the meta data is there. Businesses could even sponsor the game by getting their locations selected more often. Online multiplayer, see all the other crazy taxis darting around. Play in your own city where you know the way, no gps mode for time bonus etc.

Around the Network

1)Scud Racer Plus( nagoshi best game), 2)Sega Rally 2, 3)San Francisco Rush 4)Mario GP 2 and Out Run 2

SegaHeart said:
Agente42 said:

1)Scud Racer Plus( nagoshi best game), 2)Sega Rally 2, 3)San Francisco Rush 4)Mario GP 2 and Out Run 2

Hugs another Scud Race Plus .

all reverse tracks and beginner baby track. The best version.