By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

S.Peelman said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

Alright I'm gonna be sorta out for a little so I'm gonna throw out some hints to all my games up til 40. Most of them are very easy I think

#47 - the start to probably the biggest horror game franchise
#46 - One of the central characters introduced here share’s the name of Mike Wazowski’s buddy
#45 - Red blobs slowly fight you in virtual reality
#44 - Blink and you miss it
#43 - the box art prominently displays a deemed mostly useless motion based peripheral
#42 - Finishing the fight
#41 - A game where you forcibly deprive an innocent animal of his position in power he had previously held for over 10 years

43: Mario Kart Wii

42: Final Fight

Too late for 47 and 46.

Not Final Fight but yes for MKWii. Have now updated the og post

Around the Network

Last hint for this one.

#46 Size Matters, this franchise hasn't seen many AAA entries, but this entry was one of the first to introduce Xbox Live.
It was one of the premier Xbox exclusives. It had one sequel, and then it seems MS gave up on it unfortunately.
You fight with mechs big or small, like the Ragnarok or the Owens.

Kakadu18 said:

Now for more hints:

#47: this one's easy: the biggest crossover of all time.

Kakadu18 said:

#48: blocks (guess that's an easy one)

#46: BLOCKS, BUT ON ACID!!!

Are these boringly easy?

Here are more hints:

#45: A Capgod game that was originally a flop, but a rerelease boasting a higher resolution in it's name later turned it into a success.

#44: You wake up on a field, you don't know where you are nor who you are, but what you know is that the game you're in saved it's franchise from dying.

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Now for more hints:

Are these boringly easy?

Here are more hints:

#45: A Capgod game that was originally a flop, but a rerelease boasting a higher resolution in it's name later turned it into a success.

#44: You wake up on a field, you don't know where you are nor who you are, but what you know is that the game you're in saved it's franchise from dying.

I am bad at guessing but I can try.

47 SSB Ultimate?

46 Tetris.... Acid?

45 No idea. Let's say Resident Evil remaster.

44 Final Fantasy (1)

coolbeans said:
Farsala said:

Last hint for this one.

#46 Size Matters, this franchise hasn't seen many AAA entries, but this entry was one of the first to introduce Xbox Live.
It was one of the premier Xbox exclusives. It had one sequel, and then it seems MS gave up on it unfortunately.
You fight with mechs big or small, like the Ragnarok or the Owens.

MechAssault

Good, someone got it!

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Now for more hints:

Are these boringly easy?

Here are more hints:

45 is... Okami?

47 is Smash Bros ultimate.

Don't know the other 2.

Farsala said:
Kakadu18 said:

Are these boringly easy?

Here are more hints:

I am bad at guessing but I can try.

47 SSB Ultimate?

46 Tetris.... Acid?

45 No idea. Let's say Resident Evil remaster.

44 Final Fantasy (1)

#47 Correct!

#46 Well, it is Tetris, but what's it's exact name (it's not acid)?

The other two are wrong. Resident Evil 1 wasn't a flop afaik. #44 is from a franchise that was very long running when the game released.

mZuzek said:
coolbeans said:

Persona 3 (?)

I have no idea how that fits into the hints, but I like it.

Kakadu18 said:

Super Mario Odyssey, knew it already without hint 3.

Yes.

Huh.. I thought it might be Mario with the voice actor thing but couldn't for the life of me connect the other two hints. Makes sense now.

I'm late

#50 It's a remake of a Neogeo game. I actually don't think the game itself has enough value to make the top 50, but I realize I've played the franchise far too much to just ignore it in my list
#49 It's an incredible cute real time strategy game that just got an mobile branch this year.
#48 It's a classic 3D platforming masterpiece that suffers from a far too much dated controls and camera for me to dare putting in any high :/ It was one of the best games ever made when originally released though
#47 It was the mainstream breakthrough from a very old Strategic RPG franchise know for being unfairly hard. I've just replayed the game this year and got surprised because my memories from it was far better game, but still a very solid title with a very solid system even if not that well balanced
#46 It's my representative of the most famous RPG franchise. Their games are too similar to waste more positions in the ranking and this is probably my favorite, having a lot of post game content and being released in a time when the character design was actually creative

IcaroRibeiro said:

I'm late

#50 It's a remake of a Neogeo game. I actually don't think the game itself has enough value to make the top 50, but I realize I've played the franchise far too much to just ignore it in my list
#49 It's an incredible cute real time strategy game that just got an mobile branch this year.
#48 It's a classic 3D platforming masterpiece that suffers from a far too much dated controls and camera for me to dare putting in any high :/ It was one of the best games ever made when originally released though
#47 It was the mainstream breakthrough from a very old Strategic RPG franchise know for being unfairly hard. I've just replayed the game this year and got surprised because my memories from it was far better game, but still a very solid game with a very solid system even if not very balanced
#46 It's my representative of the most famous RPG franchise. Their games are too similar for wasting more positions in the ranking and this is probably my favorite, having a lot of post game content and being released in a time when the character design was actually creative

49 pikmin.

48 Super Mario 64

47 Fire Emblem Awakening?