By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

drbunnig said:
S.Peelman said:

Sadly;

The_Liquid_Laser said:

5.  Link's Awakening?

Link's Awakening is right!

See I had thought Link's Awakening, but I couldn't see how it fit the clue, until I just re-read it. It all makes sense now. D'oh!

I feel bad now lol. Yeah halfway through the game you go in a short mini-dungeon, the Ancient Ruins (as it's called now after the Switch remake), where a mural says that things are an illusion and will vanish but it's kind of vague, especially when you play it for the first time. The owl then mentions that you should wake the Wind Fish in the egg. At the end of the game, inside the egg the final boss, the Nightmares, say that he keeps the Wind Fish asleep and that everything exists inside its mind and when you defeat him and the Wind Fish awakens, everything on the island will cease to exit. So then you'll realise. Also kind of sad of course.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Gonna add a final batch of hints to see if we can't clean things up a bit.

12) Ended on a heart-felt note

Hint 2: I'm not referring to the ending of the game's story

Hint 3: The word heart is the key.

Hint 4: It's not Kingdom Hearts, but...

Hint 5: It's the latest entry in a series that releases once per console generation

8) This remake greatly expanded upon the final chapters of the original

Hint 2: You definitely know the original, but the remake is semi-obscure

Hint 3: It's a fan made remake, but the original developer gave it the greenlight and it's available on their platform

7) To me this is the most disturbing horror game I've played

Hint 2: And yet the extra content added in the expanded version was very heartfelt

Hint 3: The game itself only turns into a horror game at the halfway point

6) After venturing further and further underground over the course of the game, you fight the final boss up in the sky

Hint 2: Venturing underground is only a side-activity for most of the game, you'll mainly be venturing into people's minds

8. Sonic Mania?
7. Doki Doki Literature Club?
6.  Psychonauts?

8) Nope. Does Sega actually have a "platform"?

7) Correct!

6) Nah, I like Psychonauts but it's not in my top 50

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Well, I believe it's time for some dead-giveaways.

Hint 5: It's the latest entry in a series that releases once per console generation

Hint 6: It has Sora in it

Hint 3: It's a fan made remake, but the original developer gave it the greenlight and it's available on their platform

Hint 4: "Maybe _____  ____? That was a joke. Haha. Fat chance."

6) After venturing further and further underground over the course of the game, you fight the final boss up in the sky

Hint 2: Venturing underground is only a side-activity for most of the game, you'll mainly be venturing into people's minds

Hint 3: To steal their hearts

UnderwaterFunktown said:

So it's Smash Ultimate? I don't know how those hints fit though lol.

S.Peelman said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

So it's Smash Ultimate? I don't know how those hints fit though lol.

Yea it's Ultimate :D

I was trying to make a hint about DLC for the game ending this year, but judging by the number of hints needed I guess it was harder than I intended it.

Around the Network

#6: Hint 1: At one point in the game the whole scope of the story suddenly explodes in size.

#6: Hint 2: A summit of extreme hight is where you realize that the adventure has only truely begun now.

#6: Hint 3: In how many games do you accidentally destroy the entire world?

#6: Hint 4: The two most important characters have brightly colored hair, red and blue.

#6: Hint 5, final hint: You meet alot of creatures believed to be long extinct.

It's Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, I'm surprised that no one got it after the hair color hint.

#4: Hint 1: Aliens that attack our world come from another dimension that reminds me a bit of the mirror dimension in Doctor Strange.

#4: Hint 2: The first part of the name of the place the aliens come from is also the first part of the name of the game.

#4: Hint 3: At the end you get the choice to kill your sibling.

Didn't think it would be that hard.

#4: Hint 4: The actual villains are two people who went different extreme routes to find ways to beat the invading aliens and both end up as huge abominations.

Kakadu18 said:

#4: Hint 1: Aliens that attack our world come from another dimension that reminds me a bit of the mirror dimension in Doctor Strange.

#4: Hint 2: The first part of the name of the place the aliens come from is also the first part of the name of the game.

#4: Hint 4: The actual villains are two people who went different extreme routes to find ways to beat the invading aliens and both end up as huge abominations.

Astral Chain?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

6 is Persona 5?

Farsala said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

6 is Persona 5?

Indeed it is!

Only number 8 left now

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Kakadu18 said:

Astral Chain?

Yes!