By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I can't insert images into my signature

I wanted to insert this into my signature, but it just didn't show up. In the settings instead of the picture there was an extremely long code. What can I do?

Around the Network

Probably imagesize if i can recall from the time sigs were a thing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

maybe not

Well even downsizing the image and reducing it's resolution didn't help, even though it then only took 64kb of space while the original took over 300kb.
A different tiny 8kb picture worked though.

I'm usually on mobile btw, so both pictures look the same size to me. Only on PC I could see how big the other picture was.

Thanks for the help @Machina.

Kakadu18 said:

Well even downsizing the image and reducing it's resolution didn't help, even though it then only took 64kb of space while the original took over 300kb.

I'm usually on mobile btw, so both pictures look the same size to me. Only on PC I could see how big the other picture was.

reducing the quality worked for me. took a few tries tho. I lowered to 40kb, maybe the limit is 48.

Last edited by Chicho - on 03 November 2021

Around the Network
Chicho said:
Kakadu18 said:

reducing the quality worked for me. took a few tries tho. I lowered to 40kb, maybe the limit is 48.

Welp, looks good though. I'll just leave mine as it is. To much work.

mZuzek said:

It's been weird for me too. I was trying to add an image a couple weeks ago, it was an imgur link, and whenever I clicked on 'update', not only would it not work, but it actually broke the whole site for a long time, like 30 minutes or so. Only for me, I think. But still.

Machina said:

If you open the image itself in a new tab the link it generates is all weird. Save the image to your PC as an ordinary .jpg file and upload that. As long as the image size isn't too big it should work.

I forgot you could upload images directly here so trying it again now, it seemed to work, until I saw that the signature now looks empty. Going back to edit it, turns out it was replaced by some massive code. Will try a couple other things, I guess.

That was exactly what happened to me. The file size is the issue it seems.

mZuzek said:
Kakadu18 said:

That was exactly what happened to me. The file size is the issue it seems.

Yeah that did it, thanks. Got it down to 40kb and seems to be working now.

Looks great.

Shameless follow-up question: How do you change your password on this site?

okr said:

Shameless follow-up question: How do you change your password on this site?

under your avatar click on settings then on the settings page click on the green button on the right and  a list will appear underneath click on security settings and down the page you will see change password hope that helps .

Last edited by mjk45 - on 03 November 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot