By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - World War Z - Nintendo Switch Performance Gameplay

Has trouble maintaining 30fps when there's a big horde around. Not unexpected but hopefully they can fix it up a bit.

Around the Network

That is ugly as sin. Well gameplay is slightly better than the opening 10 seconds of pure horror. That city street panning shot is a disaster.

If it was handheld footage then I'd give the gameplay a pass, but docked on a tv looking like that? No thanks.

Looked good until it dropped to 20fps. I hope they patch it soon.

The game isn't out yet so this is potentially pre-day-one-patch.

And honestly, I think this is pretty impressive all things considered. This is one of the most uniquely demanding games yet ported to Switch, designed to push the limits of much more powerful hardware, and unlike a lot of other games that had the luxury of toning down or disabling their most demanding effects, the swarm mechanic is central to the gameplay so they had to find a way to make it work.

We tend to forget that that this is how a lot of demanding games ran on older hardware, even on PS4/Xbone sometimes. BOTW ran similarly to this on Wii U. GTA5 ran worse than this on PS3/360. Even Witcher 3 on Switch, considered to be an incredible port, could run like this in built up areas.

Is it just me or did it feel like it was stuttering?

Around the Network

It -is- stuttering. It drops below 30fps... Could be some frame pacing.

The NPC count on screen is showing what ARM can do, even if they are clocked at 1Ghz and only 3 cores available... Also shows how efficient the API/Driver stack is from nVidia.

Visually, it's not the most impressive title on Switch, but that isn't really the focus here.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

It -is- stuttering. It drops below 30fps... Could be some frame pacing.

The NPC count on screen is showing what ARM can do, even if they are clocked at 1Ghz and only 3 cores available... Also shows how efficient the API/Driver stack is from nVidia.

Visually, it's not the most impressive title on Switch, but that isn't really the focus here.

Glad to hear I am not the only one that sees it.