By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - STAR OCEAN: The Divine Force announced for PS5/PS4! Set 11 years after STAR OCEAN 3

Oh wow. Have to hope it's leagues better than 5, which was terrible. Beyond that black eye, I love the series so much

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Leynos said:

So will they ignore that shit ending of 3?

This is a tired old argument. The answer is no because SO5 elaborated on SO3, and because they don't need to. Being a VR world does lower their self existence. You like Digimon? Mega Man?

EDIT: They kind of had to make SO a VR world or a lot of shit would not make sense.

Didn't play 5 since the series has gone downhill but at least this new one kinda looks like Xenoblade X world

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

So will they ignore that shit ending of 3?

No need to since The Divine Force takes place in SD 583 while Till the End of Time takes place in SD 772.

Random_Matt said:

They actually been given a decent budget this time?

The inner workings of Tri-Ace.

Square-Enix, here you go Tri-Ace lots of money to make the game. Tri-Ace wow look at all that cash and then looking at each other they all respond in unison with the question how much is that in DOLLars ? their Boss chimes in with well if we cut back on hiring quality VA we can produce our Dolls in 4K and have enough left over for a  limited edition run of fully articulated Dolls for us I mean action figures for our fans, but won't our audience be upset with all that money being spent on 4K visuals and  merch but having sub standard VA came the reply, no the boss said we'll point to our past and call it nostalgia. 

Last edited by mjk45 - on 27 October 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

That´s a surprise, I thought the series was dead and buried.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Xxain said:

This is a tired old argument. The answer is no because SO5 elaborated on SO3, and because they don't need to. Being a VR world does lower their self existence. You like Digimon? Mega Man?

EDIT: They kind of had to make SO a VR world or a lot of shit would not make sense.

Didn't play 5 since the series has gone downhill but at least this new one kinda looks like Xenoblade X world

Suppose to say does NOT lower their self existence, but yea definite Xeno vibes. Gives us an idea of what they may be aiming for.

It seems that they got a lot more budget this time, hopefully the fields and cities are not too empty. Also, those characters' faces reach uncanny valley levels for me, especially the male protagonist. 

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 28 October 2021

Never played one before but hope to give this a chance at some point.

Going to keep my eye on this. The last Star Ocean I've played was 4, and it didn't exactly impress me all that much. Hopefully we'll get something better this time.