By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - STAR OCEAN: The Divine Force announced for PS5/PS4! Set 11 years after STAR OCEAN 3

Star Ocean: The Divine Force announced for PS5, PS4

Sixth mainline Star Ocean game due out in 2022.

Around the Network

Okkkkkkkkkk!

Good to see tri-Ace come out of that damn bunker they've been in. Doll animations and all.

So will they ignore that shit ending of 3?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

So will they ignore that shit ending of 3?

This is a tired old argument. The answer is no because SO5 elaborated on SO3, and because they don't need to. Being a VR world does lower their self existence. You like Digimon? Mega Man?

EDIT: They kind of had to make SO a VR world or a lot of shit would not make sense.

I hope this is every bit as cringy and awkward as past entries, with terribe voice acting and all. And I do mean it, its a trademark of the series.

Around the Network

Sounds great. I wasn't sure they would green light another Star Ocean after the last one...

Jpcc86 said:

I hope this is every bit as cringy and awkward as past entries, with terribe voice acting and all. And I do mean it, its a trademark of the series.

I am not going to lie; I feel exactly the same. Those doll models/animations are so nostalgic.

It's also coming to PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. I was a little worried it would be exclusive. Good thing it isn't.

They actually been given a decent budget this time?

Random_Matt said:

They actually been given a decent budget this time?

That was my absolute first thought as well. Looks to be case but it is trailer, and trailers are cut to look great, so we'll see. I would like them to at least b able to compete with the Xeno and Tales series.