By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chinese Company buys Japanese studio , Foreigners can buy japanese studios?

I guess Gungho sold them off. RIP Grasshopper. RIP NMH.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

MS after hearing this news

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Good, now can MS buy SEGA so I can play Total War games on Gamepass PC, please? It will save me lots of money, thanks!

Dulfite said:

Good, now can MS buy SEGA so I can play Total War games on Gamepass PC, please? It will save me lots of money, thanks!

No. I will blow this entire planet up if that happens.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dulfite said:

Please make this happen, and then put shadow the hedgehog in killer instinct

我是广州人

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Foreigners have always been able to buy Japanese companies. Would be pretty strange for a load of them to be on the stock market if not!

The laws you've probably heard about I believe are for hostile takeovers, but if the company wants to sell... why shouldn't they be able to?

This is correct. Japan set itself it's own personal laws regarding hostile takeovers, in an attempt to stop them from being wiped out by global competitors (which has and still is a thing in todays world). 

https://www.rieti.go.jp/en/papers/contribution/tsuru/03.html

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

As much as I'm not a fan of China taking over more game studios, Grasshopper left NMH 1-2 in a piss poor state on PC with broken cheevos, no M+K support and more. Hopefully now they'll be told to make sure their ports aren't left to rot upon release and take more care of them in the future.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:

Yay, a fellow Total War fan. Looking forward to Warhammer 3?

Wouldn't mind an MS takeover. I prefer Sega's PC games these days, so out of the big 3 they'd definitely be the best in my book!

I've been playing TW games since Medieval 1 was the newest game lol. I absolutely love the series. Warhammer 1/2 are both fantastic and I'm so hyped for 3!

But in my heart I really want Medieval 3 :)

I originally played 1 on a computer that was so bad it couldn't do any in person battles and the map was completely white (only the units/buildings were visible). Yet I loved the strategy of it and history. Probably the most dedicated I've ever been to a game despite hurdles haha.

Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:

Yay, a fellow Total War fan. Looking forward to Warhammer 3?

Wouldn't mind an MS takeover. I prefer Sega's PC games these days, so out of the big 3 they'd definitely be the best in my book!

no no warhammer 3, just go with 40k

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The difficulty is on doing hostile takeover, buying major strategic companies and the like.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."