By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Intellivision Amico + poll , will it sell or bomb?

Will Amico sell?

Yes , alot PS5 and Pokemo... 0 0%

Yes , bit moderate 0 0%

Yes , few 2 6.06%

It'll bomb , OP 27 81.82%

What's a Amico? 4 12.12%

Total:33
Chicho said:
SanAndreasX said:

The train wreck has been happening in slo-mo. The price, the NFT coins, the delayed release dates. Tallarico's thin-skinned defensiveness about the whole project isn't helping matters.

This thing's gonna sell fewer units than the original Intellivision.

The Original Intellivision sold around 3 million units. I say this will sell less than a third of that.

That’s pretty optimistic. I’ll be surprised if it sells one tenth of that. 

Around the Network

Intellivision was quite advanced for its times, but sadly it wasn't very successful, so, while the tech factor long expired, the nostalgia factor can't get many users either, and bad choices can only worsen the situation. Keeping it simple and affordable should have been the indispensable feature.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Intellivision was quite advanced for its times, but sadly it wasn't very successful, so, while the tech factor long expired, the nostalgia factor can't get many users either, and bad choices can only worsen the situation. Keeping it simple and affordable should have been the indispensable feature.

The Bally Professional Arcade (Astrocade) was actually better than Intellivision, but it was sold by mail order for its first year and never got huge sales support. 

SegaHeart said:

I think the Amico died today.