By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hamster Registers "Console Archives" Trademark

Atari 2600 games incoming...

PC Engine games would be interesting.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

The Sega Saturn and dreamcast smaller libraries are okayish but Capcom owns project justice and plasma sword they are owned by Capcom not happening and bulk slash developer is swallowed by Konami Konami ain't porting bulk slash

And the Saturn emulator doesn't run Bulk Slash sadly. My fave Saturn game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Oh I have the real game on real hardware. Just saying if there ever was a chance for the game ported to Switch the one on Switch can't run it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Better than I expected with PS2.

dx11332sega said:
Kakadu18 said:

Better than I expected with PS2.

I don't know PS1 or PS2 libraries I heard PS1 library is 3x bigger than Sega Saturn and PS2 is 5x bigger than Dreamcast in software ,  and bunch of unique cool niche games people never heard of?

Exactly. A huge pool of games they can rerelease. Some obscure games will see the light of day again for the first time in decades.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Atari 2600 games incoming...

PC Engine games would be interesting.

They aren’t going to do Atari 2600 games. As far as I can tell, Hamster has stuck entirely with Japanese arcade ganes. I’m thinking NES/Famicom, Master System, PCE/TG16, Genesis, and maybe even SNES.

Edit: I just read further down the thread. PCE, PS1, PS2? Damn that’s crazy. Considering that Konami is one of Hamster’s Arcade Archives partners, that could mean games like Suikoden, Vandal Hearts, and maybe Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness.

It would also be neat if they got Tales of Destiny and Eternia on there since they just started doing Namco games. 

And I would kill for Lunar and Lunar 2, lol, 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 19 October 2021