By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan's Love for Xbox Series Continues (11,573 Single Week)

 

How many Xbox Series Consoles need to be sold in Japan for it to be considered successful?

500,000 16 25.40%
 
750,000 5 7.94%
 
1,000,000 19 30.16%
 
1,250,000 4 6.35%
 
1,500,000 2 3.17%
 
2,000,000 2 3.17%
 
3,000,000+ 15 23.81%
 
Total:63
Mnementh said:

Next developer Xbox acquires: Nihon Falcom. This would certainly ruffle some feathers. And give Xbox a good amount of IPs.

No chance in hell is that happening. Nor should it. No one should own them. Let them be the great small company theyv'e always been. This would more likely kill them than anything.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Spade said:

Get Persona on Xbox pls!

They really should, especially with the Xbox Series already outselling the Xbox One in Japan. Unless there's some kind of exclusivity deals, Persona 5 Strikers and the upcoming port of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax should be on Xbox. And some more main titles like Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal should be available as well. 

If the Xbox Series sells over a million in Japan, that's probably enough to be successful by Xbox in Japan standards. 



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

kirby007 said:

slightly less dead but still dead if you ask me

Yeah it's a pretty lukewarm love affair if they were married both parties would be sleeping in different bedrooms, I suppose the best that can be said is compared to the Xbox one they actually live in the same prefecture and they do seem to aspire to the lofty heights reached by the 360 of having once made fleeting eye contact.



Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Wman1996 said:
Spade said:

Get Persona on Xbox pls!

They really should, especially with the Xbox Series already outselling the Xbox One in Japan. Unless there's some kind of exclusivity deals, Persona 5 Strikers and the upcoming port of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax should be on Xbox. And some more main titles like Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal should be available as well. 

If the Xbox Series sells over a million in Japan, that's probably enough to be successful by Xbox in Japan standards. 

Xbox sales in JPN are pretty irrelevant. Doesn't matter if they're seeing an improvement: it's just incredibly poor sales in the region nonetheless. 



With plenty of Series S in stock in many regions now, maybe larger stock amounts will finally be sent to Japan and we can gauge if there is any real demand for it. The next several months will be telling.



...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I’m not too sure Microsoft actually cares about Japanese sales that much. They are going to continue to try and get Japanese games on the platform to entice western customers who are interested in those games, more so than Japanese customers



Microsoft Xbox One was egregious of what the Xbox 360 accomplished prior , The Xbox Series might need a new stradegy from the Japanese developers most of them that are unwilling to port to Xbox likes of Atelier Ryza , Persona , Guilty Gear , 13 Sentinals , Trails of Cold Steel , Dangun Ranpa , and the many many developers that won't , Microsoft needs a plan B since those developers aren't budging . Plan B is Acquire a japanese Studio to leverage the power that PS5 has all the cards aka all the western and japanese support. Microsoft only gets AAA japanese , It's never enough since Playstation gets all the pie . Xbox 360 plan B was great get the incredibly niche genre shoot em ups most of them exclusive to Xbox 360 add ther japanese exclusives like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey , Infinite Undiscovery , Magna carta 2 Golden Fantasia etc , that was the Xbox 360 people like me liked , I still prefer Xbox 360 over Xbox series consoles the thing is just too western to 360. Like I said if smaller japanese developers including Sega's atlus won't bring their games to Xbox , They need to just Purchase One or two? Grounding being bought by Tencent I think? really hurt Xbox Series more grounding worked on Project Drago for Kinect . I'm unsure if there are anymore japanese studios under xbox ? I have a better stradegy but unsure if it'll pay off? buy Cave , the developers of Death Smiles and Akai Katana , Dodonpachi etc Cave aint doing anything and noone wants to invest in shmups except for the japanese consumers but the japanese consumers are tired of old ports of death smiles that youtube channels barely reach big numbers unless your Electrified underground , shmups on switch etc? but Cave is down bad haven't created a shnup in 10 years all they do is port which is sad then what happens to cave if all games are ported? then after they are ported the next 10 years cave will be dead? Cave is not motivated like they were when they worked exclusively on Xbox 360 , Microsoft giving them a phat check for every game? Cave is down is in need of saving ? don't tell me they making a new game they haven't and Cave needs Microsoft . Also I rather Microsoft Buy Cave and not buy Trails of Cold Steel developer.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

SegaHeart said:

Microsoft Xbox One was egregious of what the Xbox 360 accomplished prior , The Xbox Series might need a new stradegy from the Japanese developers most of them that are unwilling to port to Xbox likes of Atelier Ryza , Persona , Guilty Gear , 13 Sentinals , Trails of Cold Steel , Dangun Ranpa , and the many many developers that won't , Microsoft needs a plan B since those developers aren't budging . Plan B is Acquire a japanese Studio to leverage the power that PS5 has all the cards aka all the western and japanese support. Microsoft only gets AAA japanese , It's never enough since Playstation gets all the pie . Xbox 360 plan B was great get the incredibly niche genre shoot em ups most of them exclusive to Xbox 360 add ther japanese exclusives like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey , Infinite ZUnidscovery , Magna carta 2 Golden Fantasia etc that was the Xbox 360 people like me liked I still prefer Xbox 360 over Xbox series consoles the thing is just too western to 360. Like I said if smaller japanese developers including Sega's atlus won't bring their games to Xbox It's to just Purchase One or two? Grounding being bought by Tencent I think? really hurt Xbox Series more grounding worked on Project Drago for Kinect . I'm unsure if there are anymore japanese studios under xbox ? I have a etter strady but unsure if it'll pay off? buy Cave , the developers of Death Smiles and Akai Katana , Dodonpachi etc Cave aint doing anything and noone wants to invest in shmups except for the japanese consumers but the japanese consumers are tired of old ports of death smiles that youtube channels barely reach big numbers unless your Electrified underground , shmups on switch etc? but Cave is down bad haven't created a shnup in 10 years all they do is port which is sad then what happens to cave if all games are ported? then after they are ported the next 10 years cave will be dead? Cave is not motivated like they were when they worked exclusively on Xbox 360 , Microsoft giving them a phat check for every game? Cave is down is in need of saving ? don't tell me they making a new game they haven't and Cave needs Microsoft . Also I rather Microsoft Buy Cave and not buy Trails of Cold Steel developer.

One word Paragraph's



Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
SegaHeart said:

Microsoft Xbox One was egregious of what the Xbox 360 accomplished prior , The Xbox Series might need a new stradegy from the Japanese developers most of them that are unwilling to port to Xbox likes of Atelier Ryza , Persona , Guilty Gear , 13 Sentinals , Trails of Cold Steel , Dangun Ranpa , and the many many developers that won't , Microsoft needs a plan B since those developers aren't budging . Plan B is Acquire a japanese Studio to leverage the power that PS5 has all the cards aka all the western and japanese support. Microsoft only gets AAA japanese , It's never enough since Playstation gets all the pie . Xbox 360 plan B was great get the incredibly niche genre shoot em ups most of them exclusive to Xbox 360 add ther japanese exclusives like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey , Infinite ZUnidscovery , Magna carta 2 Golden Fantasia etc that was the Xbox 360 people like me liked I still prefer Xbox 360 over Xbox series consoles the thing is just too western to 360. Like I said if smaller japanese developers including Sega's atlus won't bring their games to Xbox It's to just Purchase One or two? Grounding being bought by Tencent I think? really hurt Xbox Series more grounding worked on Project Drago for Kinect . I'm unsure if there are anymore japanese studios under xbox ? I have a etter strady but unsure if it'll pay off? buy Cave , the developers of Death Smiles and Akai Katana , Dodonpachi etc Cave aint doing anything and noone wants to invest in shmups except for the japanese consumers but the japanese consumers are tired of old ports of death smiles that youtube channels barely reach big numbers unless your Electrified underground , shmups on switch etc? but Cave is down bad haven't created a shnup in 10 years all they do is port which is sad then what happens to cave if all games are ported? then after they are ported the next 10 years cave will be dead? Cave is not motivated like they were when they worked exclusively on Xbox 360 , Microsoft giving them a phat check for every game? Cave is down is in need of saving ? don't tell me they making a new game they haven't and Cave needs Microsoft . Also I rather Microsoft Buy Cave and not buy Trails of Cold Steel developer.

One word Paragraph's

Yeah , I was in a hurry on that wall of text for some reason. 



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

I'll make this shorter than the wall of text few minutes ago, If Atlus and other Japanese developers don't budge to port on Xbox, except AAA japanese, I rather Microsoft purchase Cave the japanese developers of Dodonpachi , Death Smiles , Akai Katana etc. (Trails of Cold Steel and other developers are unwilling to port.)

And I bet they wouldn't want to get purchased by Microsoft no matter how deep their pockets are? Cave is the only Japanese developer and are down bad . Once everything is ported to current gen consoles they are dead 10 years from now? Since they still are not making games. (without the fat check.)

Microsoft is in big trouble for Xbox Series consoles and thats the hard truth . While Playstation gets all the western and Japanese so support they have all the cards.

The acquisition of Cave can be posted for click articles like what they did to Bethesda, Instead of announcing it on E3 like Obsidian and Ninja Theory.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 14 January 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.