By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dying Light Platinum Edition and Dying Light 2 Announced for Nintendo Switch

Dying Light Platinum Edition will include all content released so far, Gyro/touch/motion controls and be a native running game on Switch. Dying Light 2 is a Cloud Game. Dying Light Platinum Edition will launch on October 19, 2021. Dying Light 2 will launch on February 4th, 2022

Great announcements for the Switch. Dying Light looks a bit rough, but looks to be a great port so far. Glad that we will be able to experience the 2nd game as well. Hope these games end up selling well.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Didn't expect Dying Light 2, obviously a Cloud Version so not for me. My internet isn't fast enough.

Disappointing that 2 is a cloud game, but good to hear the first game is not, and that it's coming out very soon. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out as it's a fairly demanding PS4/Xbone title.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

According to eShop DL1 is only 14.4 gb in size and that's with major expansion The Following and plenty of smaller DLC's. Amazing compression.

Looks like it might fit on 16 GB card which is awesome! Witcher 3 and Dying Light are 2 amazing open World games that are available on Switch.

curl-6 said:

Disappointing that 2 is a cloud game, but good to hear the first game is not, and that it's coming out very soon. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out as it's a fairly demanding PS4/Xbone title.

2022 open world cross generation game just wouldn't work on Switch without making it literally 360p.

RAM and memory bandwidth could also make it impossible. I'm pretty sure base Xbox One version will already be hard to look at. 

That said not every developer even makes Cloud versions. I still can't believe Rockstar didn't make a native port of GTA V, what a bunch of clowns!

Around the Network
Radek said:
curl-6 said:

2022 cross gen game just wouldn't work on Switch without making it literally 360p and RAM and memory bandwidth could also make it impossible. I'm pretty sure base Xbox One version will already be hard to look at. 

That said not every developer even makes Cloud versions. I still can't believe Rockstar didn't make a native port of GTA V, what a bunch of clowns!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised given the game in question, I'm just always kinda annoyed by cloud versions of games on Switch as they're basically unplayable to a large portion of the audience.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Radek said:

2022 cross gen game just wouldn't work on Switch without making it literally 360p and RAM and memory bandwidth could also make it impossible. I'm pretty sure base Xbox One version will already be hard to look at. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised given the game in question, I'm just always kinda annoyed by cloud versions of games on Switch as they're basically unplayable to a large portion of the audience.

Yeah... Hopefully Switch 2 gets a native port of 2 in 2024 or something. More developers should also port triple A 2013-2019 games.

Why isn't there a port of COD Vanguard or older Far Cry games? Same with Mass Effect games.

I swear Ubi, EA and Rockstar aren't even trying with Switch ports.

curl-6 said:

Still better that some get to play it on the go than nobody though.

*cough* https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9309415

Ka-pi96 said:

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.

Radek said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah... Hopefully Switch 2 gets a native port of 2 in 2024 or something. More developers should also port triple A 2013-2019 games.

Why isn't there a port of COD Vanguard or older Far Cry games? Same with Mass Effect games.

I swear Ubi, EA and Rockstar aren't even trying with Switch ports.

Third Parties have been weird with the Switch. EA last year announced that they were going to support the switch with 7 titles (Fifa, Apex Legends, 2 Need for Speed, 2 indie games, PvZ) and haven't really announced anything since. Even when they could have  ported Mass Effect. Plus they put Frostbite on Switch for the recently launched Plants Vs Zombies, so they have the ability to provide greater support to Switch.

Ubisoft quite clearly only see Switch viable for its family line of games and remasters of 360 era games that are coming to other consoles. Activision has been absent all the Switch lifespan. Even though COD makes perfect sense for Switch. 2K has actually been rather good to Switch with a lot mature content and fantastic ports of there sports titles (other than WWE), but for some puzzling reason no GTA 5 yet.

Seems most third party would rather stick to the status qua than expand there audiences.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together