By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS5 Twisted Metal game is reportedly (early) in development to coincide with TV series

KManX89 said:
Zippy6 said:

Never been a fan of the series, the dark tone for this type of game puts me off. But hope it will be a great success and give fans of the series what they want.

I take it you must not be a fan of the Resident Evil games, either then. I mean, it doesn't get much darker than "giant evil corporation wanting to control the world through bioterror via a virus that turns people into flesh-eating zombies and engineering monsters that eviscerate and devour people." I don't have a problem with games, movies or TV shows being dark and/or edgy, in fact, anyone who knows me knows I appreciate when people push their creative boundaries, it's when it reaches exploitation levels (Human Centipede, I Spit on Your Grave, Hostel, Saw sequels, Hatred game, etc.) that I begin to have a problem.

I don't mind dark games, just this particular type of game with a dark twisted story. I'd probably only really play it multiplayer with friends and want a more light party atmosphere like Vigilante 8 or Cel Damage.

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I feel these games had an era and there is a reason they are not making games like this anymore.

I think there is still a place for car combat games, but they just haven’t bothered to make them fun and to get the physics right. Twisted Metal Black was like driving a brick. 

Take the physics from a game like Rocket League, add gigantic environments like Breath of the Wild (you know, but with roads for cars and loops and ramps) include new things like magnetic rails, submersible options, capture the flag, team duel, and of course some great characters for the cars and drivers and witty banter that isn’t cringy and you could have yourself a hell of a time. 

I blame developers for just not trying hard to revolutionize the car combat genre. 

https://deadline.com/2021/09/anthony-mackie-john-doe-sony-pictures-television-playstation-productions-twisted-metal-series-1234833738/

It looks like the live action adaptation is getting quite a bit of money pumped into it.