By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cruis'n Blast came 3 days early!

Had preordered Cruis'n blast and to my surprise it came 3 days early! Not gonna spoil anything for anyone but just wanted to say it lives up to its name. It's a blast!

Have always been a fan of the Cruis'n series, as i've learnt not to expect anything other than OTT, silly, unadulterated, non-sensible fun. loved Cruis'n world, even though it seemed to be pretty much panned by critics, who possibly expected it to be more serious and have more finesse. As long as you know what you are expecting (Cruis'n Wii aside), then you will have a blast with this series. Blast is absolutely fun with it seems an extra dash of adrenaline! Really enjoying it. Had to put it down tho, as i don't want to unlock everything too quickly! Have avoided spoilers myself wherever possible.

Tldr:- If you are after an arcade racer that doesn't take itself too seriously you can't go too far wrong here. Think of a kind of OTT Horizon Chase turbo but with even more of an assault on the senses.

Hope i've not spoilt anything for anyone with my initial thoughts. Anyone waiting for this game... enjoy!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

That sounds awesome, I'm going to pick it up! I wasn't even expecting a physical release but here we are, can't wait!

Official release date is Tuesday, i'm pretty confident you will enjoy it if OTT arcade racers are your thing!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Great to know that it's as fun as it looks. I have it on pre order but alas my copy doesn't arrive early.

It's an absolute hoot, especially in multiplayer!

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
peachbuggy said:

It's an absolute hoot, especially in multiplayer!

Want it so bad.

You won't regret it!

As a person who enjoyed Cruis'n USA and even that one-off Beetle Adventure Racing (yea, I owned that!), it's so hard for me to be interested in Cruis'n Blast when the racing genre itself has advanced just so much. I feel like I'd have to be in my 50s to enjoy it because it's almost quite literally just an amped up "old" arcade racing game from back in the days when realism wasn't possible (due to lack of processing the necessary physics), so the aim was to just make things as crazy and off-the-wall as possible.

I admit a part of that is because I have a steering wheel setup (janky, but it works!), so the other two platforms have provided far more immersive racing experiences, not to mention I'm a car guy in real life anyway. I'm glad some people are enjoying it, but I can't exactly say I also blame people for not being interested/not enjoying it lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

I can't find it retail, goddammit. Guess I'll have it delivered, then.

Best compliment I heard is 'It is like a Dreamcast game' ^^

Finally! I have it now and played it for 20 minutes and I love it. This is such a great arcade racing game, it's awesome!