By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secretlab TITAN Review! Ya know, in case you were looking at chairs...

I apologize for taking so long on this review: I wanted to put significant ass time in this chair. After well over 600+ hours, here's my review!

And for anyone curious, I do intend to get a picture of my actual chair at the office and post it on Twitter as it's more comfortable and came from Costco lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

I am actually in the market for a new chair and it was in my list of considerations. Looks like I'll be skipping it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I was recently in the market for chairs. I'd heard good things about the Ikea series, so I first tried the Ikea Jarvfjallet and found the lumbar support and the cushion real uncomfortable, so I tried the Ikea Markus, but the cushion for that one was far too thin for my bony butt.

It seemed like I would have to spend more than the ~$200 asking price for the Ikea chairs to get something that felt good and healthy. Because of that I started to look into some remanufactured Steelcase Leap chairs, but eventually settled on a new Steelcase Amia Air (~$500 for the configuration I chose), and I quite like it. It feels healthy to sit on, even for long periods and it has improved my posture a lot. The cushion also feels a lot more high quality and it doesn't feel like I'm sitting on wood after a few hours. Besides that, it also just looks damn good, so I'd recommend it for a quality mid-price office chair.

Captain_Yuri said:

I am actually in the market for a new chair and it was in my list of considerations. Looks like I'll be skipping it.

It's crazy how much marketing it has! I'd say anyone who was looking at a chair who does gaming comes across Secretlab, I'm just sad it's clearly focused on looks (I mean, that's probably what makes it somewhat popular as streaming is a big thing, now, so it looks good for the camera!).

sundin13 said:

I was recently in the market for chairs. I'd heard good things about the Ikea series, so I first tried the Ikea Jarvfjallet and found the lumbar support and the cushion real uncomfortable, so I tried the Ikea Markus, but the cushion for that one was far too thin for my bony butt.

It seemed like I would have to spend more than the ~$200 asking price for the Ikea chairs to get something that felt good and healthy. Because of that I started to look into some remanufactured Steelcase Leap chairs, but eventually settled on a new Steelcase Amia Air (~$500 for the configuration I chose), and I quite like it. It feels healthy to sit on, even for long periods and it has improved my posture a lot. The cushion also feels a lot more high quality and it doesn't feel like I'm sitting on wood after a few hours. Besides that, it also just looks damn good, so I'd recommend it for a quality mid-price office chair.

My office chair (which I chose myself from Costco and got it reimbursed) is more comfortable than the Secretlab, and even though I WFH now, I'd know the difference: I've sat in that office chair sometimes all day if I had no scheduled on-site clients.  Per above (and of course my video), the lack of comfort is kind of nuts considering the price with comparable office chairs in which my Costco one was $180!  It's either you pay a fortune for an amazing office chair (like the CEO-grade ones lol), or you focus on comfort and get a good office chair.  I think there's something funky with gaming chair pricing, probably partly caused by Secretlab fooling some "gamers" who probably sit in cheapo $70 chairs from Walmart

I definitely don't have a bony butt, but like you, I do like to have some decent cushioning for my tushie!

^^/

I bought a "gaming chair" about a year and a half ago. Got it mostly for the sturdy metal armrests and I really am impressed with how solid the chair is built.

Other than that? I would have returned it if it wasn't so expensive to ship back. I had no idea it would be so freaking uncomfortable. The seat is hard, the armrests are hard and have painful edges, and the lumbar support is worthless. I had to go out and buy cushions for the seat and armrests (the armrest cushions are excellent). It seems like it was designed purely to appeal to teenaged "gamers".

Never buying a gaming chair again. My previous office chair was infinitely more comfortable.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

I bought a "gaming chair" about a year and a half ago. Got it mostly for the sturdy metal armrests and I really am impressed with how solid the chair is built.

Other than that? I would have returned it if it wasn't so expensive to ship back. I had no idea it would be so freaking uncomfortable. The seat is hard, the armrests are hard and have painful edges, and the lumbar support is worthless. I had to go out and buy cushions for the seat and armrests (the armrest cushions are excellent). It seems like it was designed purely to appeal to teenaged "gamers".

Never buying a gaming chair again. My previous office chair was infinitely more comfortable.

Heh, same issues my friend specifically pointed out about her "gamer" chair... I wonder if you both bought that same off-brand Chinese one from Amazon lol

And yea, I just posted it to Twitter about my own actual office chair being more comfortable (with pics!).  Tweet is below.

Kyuu said:

Gaming chairs have a terrible reputation for a reason, but they seem to keep selling.

It's the looks.  I can't deny that this chair just looks a lot cooler, and so for streamers or other people who constantly make videos in the chair, I can understand the appeal of form over function.  Naturally, I prefer a better balance with a lean towards function over form, but they sell because they look cool, and in a lot of the world, looks are everything (sadly!).

But yes, for anyone else curious, I did post pics of my Costco office chair.  I picked it myself, $180, copious amounts of cushioning and roundedness, and I've sat in it all day at the office if I had no clients on my schedule to go on-site with.  Beats the Secretlab in comfort by a long shot!

EDIT: Ah MANNNN, the tweet preview doesn't include a preview of the pics!

^^/