By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Studio Tier List (First Party)

Here is mine, purely based on the games output and my tastes obviously :)

S Tier: Bethesda, Obsidian, Playground Games, Inxile Entertainment
A Tier: 343 Industrie, The Coalition ,Ninja Theory ,Tango Gameworks , Turn 10, Arkane Studios
B Tier: Undead Labs, Mojang, ID Software
C Tier: Machine Games .Double Fine
D Tier: Compulsion , Roundhouse Studios, Alpha Dog, Zenimax Online

Bethesda, Inxile and Obsidian are by far the top 3 in my list, I do not think there is any games out there that I do not like from those studios.

Playground is also S because, even if I'm not playing the Horizon games that much, those games are just a gender-redifiner imo. They are just the best looking arcadish racing games out there.... I think what they did is exceptionnal.

For 343 industries, they came out with a lot of stuff, people should not just stick on one thing or two. Halo 5 was 'meh' (story wise) but the game was really good technically so I don't think this has to do with how good the studio is. And then before that I really like everything  they did, I'm a Halo fan but I'm not a Bungie fan, they way Bungie per say. Looking at Halo Infinite so far, this is going to hit all my spots too, so yah maybe not S yet, but easily an A :)

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 24 August 2021

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:

A Tier: 343 Industrie, The Coalition ,Ninja Theory ,Tango Gameworks , Turn 10, Arkane Studios

Bethesda, Inxile and Obsidian are by far the top 3 in my list, I do not think there is any games out there that I do not like from those studios.

Playground is also S because, even if I'm not playing the Horizon games that much, those games are just a gender-redifiner imo. They are just the best looking arcadish racing games out there.... I think what they did is exceptionnal.

For 343 industries, they came out with a lot of stuff, people should not just stick on one thing or two. Halo 5 was 'meh' (story wise) but the game was really good technically so I don't think this has to do with how good the studio is. And then before that I really like everything  they did, I'm a Halo fan but I'm not a Bungie fan, they way Bungie per say. Looking at Halo Infinite so far, this is going to hit all my spots too, so yah maybe not S yet, but easily an A :)

343i > id Software and id being in B tier..

I mean opinions and all that but wth xP

hinch said:
Imaginedvl said:

343i > id Software and id being in B tier..

I mean opinions and all that but wth xP

No, I do not have a great opinion of ID Software and as I said, this is based on games and stuff coming out from them that I like. Nothing (literally not a single game) from ID Software is my cup of tea. This also leads to i343 > ID Software in my book. Sorry if your opinion differs but this is what the thread is about right? 

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 24 August 2021

Just caught me offguard. But anyway yeah its personal preference tier thread.. no offense :P

Last edited by hinch - on 24 August 2021

Fallout 5 will be the reason I purchase XSX. Bethesda, Arkane and Obsidian are the only ones I care for really.

Around the Network

Microsoft Studios or Xbox Game Studios?

SegaHeart said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Microsoft Studios or Xbox Game Studios?

Thier first party , I think Microsoft Studios?

Oh ok, I thought their first party was Xbox Game Studios.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
SegaHeart said:

Thier first party , I think Microsoft Studios?

Oh ok, I thought their first party was Xbox Game Studios.

They are. They rebranded Microsoft Studios as Xbox Game Studios in 2019. Microsoft wants their gaming division to be synonymous with the Xbox brand. 

Top tier: Bethesda, Playground, Mojang, id, Ninja Theory, Rare. Based on a mix of game quality and sales.

Almost all developers there are at least good though.

S Tier

Blizzard

The Coalition 

Bethesda

Playground games

A tier (some of these could become S tier in the future)

iD Software

Arkane

Obsidian

Ninja Theory

Treyarch

Infinity Ward

B Tier

Double Fine

Toys for Bob

Inexile

Machine Games

Tango Gameworks

Beenox

Turn 10

C Tier

Undead Labs

Radical Entertainment

Mojang

Rare

Compulsion Games

The Initative 

Worlds Edge

Zenimax Online

Raven software

High Moon Studios

D tier

Alpha Dog

Sledgehammer

Roundhouse

Demonware

King

343 Industries

I probably left out some studios but I think I listed all the relevant ones. I'd probably say anything B tier and higher are the good to great studios while the C tier is largely studios who have either produced very little in recent times or are newly formed and haven't released anything.