By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo II Ressurected is simply a perfect Remake of the Original

BradleyJ said:

Perfect to a fault. I'm not a big fan of just updating the graphics of older games because a lot more has improved in the gaming industry over the years other than just graphics, and Diablo II Resurrected brings everything back from the original, both good and bad. Whenever they do these type of updates I would love them to also bring a lot of optional quality of life improvements so those who want to play a good game can still do so without needing to get bogged down with all of the annoyances from decades ago.

For example: Inventory management is just SO tedious and unnecessary given that it would be easy to just have everything take up less space. Even back in the day people were annoyed by the inventory, so why not just give people a QoL update now that they would have also wanted in the original if it had been available at the time?

Diablo is based around Demons and Loot.

Inventory management should be part-and-parcel of any Diablo title as again... The loot.

Plus on PC with a keyboard and mouse, I don't really find any issues on that front, I keep what I want, sell the crap for coin.
Plus you need a reason to upgrade potion belt and have tomes... And Mercenaries can be good to hold loot too... Not to mention leveraging the Horadric cube to transmute/use as a mini-stash too.

There are a ton of quality of life improvements if you dig a little deeper... Diablo 3 lost allot of what made Diablo 2 great by "streamlining/numbing" down the game for a more casual audience, so builds couldn't be optimized/built to a players taste... People forget how badly Diablo 3 was hated after succeeding Diablo 2's epicness.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

Been playing through the Beta of the game right now, and I have to admit, Blizzard just nailed the Remake.

The enviroment, the gameplay, the feel to it. Its all so... perfect.

Go give the game a try. The open beta is running this weekend. Anyone who have played Diablo 2 when it first launched, or anyone who never played it, should give this a try.

It looks amazing and plays great when everything is working properly, but the Beta isn't perfect - it's full of bugs and annoyances that weren't in the original. Hopefully they fix them before release, although with less than a month to go I'm sceptical they'll get it all done in time...

I feel like they're going to be patching it frequently in the initial few weeks after launch.

BradleyJ said:

Perfect to a fault. I'm not a big fan of just updating the graphics of older games because a lot more has improved in the gaming industry over the years other than just graphics, and Diablo II Resurrected brings everything back from the original, both good and bad. Whenever they do these type of updates I would love them to also bring a lot of optional quality of life improvements so those who want to play a good game can still do so without needing to get bogged down with all of the annoyances from decades ago.

For example: Inventory management is just SO tedious and unnecessary given that it would be easy to just have everything take up less space. Even back in the day people were annoyed by the inventory, so why not just give people a QoL update now that they would have also wanted in the original if it had been available at the time?

It is full of QoL changes. Not the one you wanted regarding inventory tetris, because that would impact the core gameplay and balancing, which they're not touching, but there are plenty of QoL changes already announced, including:

• Expanded stashes and three shared stash tabs across all characters (no more risky muling).
  • Auto pick-up for gold.
  • Show item options (no more having to hold the button to see dropped items).
  • Tonnes of new UI options.
  • Controller support.
  • Removal of Cow King bricking (if you kill the King you can still re-open the portal now).
  • Accessibility options (colour blind mode, large font, easy item comparing etc.).
  • Bug fixes for the original game (except some of those that benefitted the player, like the Andariel bug, which they're keeping in place).
  • Previously Ladder-only items now available in single player and non-ladder.
  • Pandemonium Event and Uber Diablo coming to single player.
  • Advanced Stats page.
  • Cross-platform saving.

Leynos said:

I want to play it but it's Blizzard....ugh

The original discs still work on Win 10, so if the graphics from 20 years ago don't disturb you, you could simply go this route

BradleyJ said:

The inventory management in D2 is something I enjoyed in the original, and still did when I played through the Beta. Deciding when to port back to town to identify/sell/stash loot, or when to drop something you're holding to pick up something of more value, etc.
Although I was still in Act 1, so I don't know how I'd feel many hours later. Perhaps a small upgrade to the inventory would be nice.

There are new tabs in the stash though, so you do get more space to hold items.

Last edited by Hiku - on 23 August 2021

BradleyJ said:

I agree with you 100%, and D2 was one of my all-time favorite games. After playing much more fluid games, the mechanics just feel a bit wonky, and the inventory is and was definitely the biggest annoyance. It feels more like a remaster than a remake. Maybe I will pick it up at some point, but I canceled my pre-order for now. Still, glad that some people will be able to (re)experience it. Bilzzard is a mess right now, so fingers crossed on IV.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Nautilus said:

Been playing through the Beta of the game right now, and I have to admit, Blizzard just nailed the Remake.

The enviroment, the gameplay, the feel to it. Its all so... perfect.

Go give the game a try. The open beta is running this weekend. Anyone who have played Diablo 2 when it first launched, or anyone who never played it, should give this a try.

It looks amazing and plays great when everything is working properly, but the Beta isn't perfect - it's full of bugs and annoyances that weren't in the original. Hopefully they fix them before release, although with less than a month to go I'm sceptical they'll get it all done in time...

I feel like they're going to be patching it frequently in the initial few weeks after launch.

Yeah, hope they do. Oddly enough, there were several bugs in the game that was originally in the vanilla version. I have nostalgia for the game, but not that much.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Machina said:

Yeah, hope they do. Oddly enough, there were several bugs in the game that was originally in the vanilla version. I have nostalgia for the game, but not that much.

Thankfully Blizzard has a track record of supporting it's games decades after it's release... I mean, Diablo1 servers from 1996 are online.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Nautilus said:

Thankfully Blizzard has a track record of supporting it's games decades after it's release... I mean, Diablo1 servers from 1996 are online.

They are? Didn't know!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

One of if not my favourite game of all times. But after what they did to 3 I fell out of love with the whole company. And now the recent shit is going on.

I just need to know if the single player is not mandatory online only. Its the only thing that will keep me from buying this game.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.