By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 11-17 - Xbox Series X|S Sales Top 6 Million - Adjustments

trunkswd said:

We got some shipment figures from Sony.
PS5: 10.1m
PS4: 116.4m

Our PS5 figures are fine since they match Sony's sell-through. With 500,000 PS4's shipped for the quarter that does show we are a bit low with our PS4 estimates and it will need some adjusting up. I'll adjust up our PS4 estimates at some point today. 

We also know how many they plan to make (so far) (due to parts they have):

"Sony also said it has secured the parts to build 14.8m PS5 units this fiscal year, for a total of 22.6m by March 31, 2022." - ZhugeEx

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

I bet there could be some adjustments done for the XB1 as well, since with the adjusted numbers there are weeks where PS4 is outselling it 4 to 1, or close to it, which have happened very rarely in the past and most of the times the difference is 2 to 1 or in some cases 3 to 1, but 4 to 1 is extreme.

We heard that in the uk (in july), the PS5 almost sold as much as the Switch+Xbox (all other competitors) combined.
It could easily be outsold 4 to 1 (or more), many places in the world (ps5 vs xsx/s).

*edit:

Facting crazy nameing schemes from xbox.
thought you were talking about xsx/xss.

Anyways why would people buy a XB1 now?
You seen halo how that runs on the XB1? XB1S is basically a subpair and unwanted experiance (digital foundry said so, as resently as today).
Basically saying, it doesnt make sense to atleast not get the Series S, if your looking for a new xbox.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 04 August 2021

yo33331 said:
JRPGfan said:

We heard that in the uk (in july), the PS5 almost sold as much as the Switch+Xbox (all other competitors) combined.
It could easily be outsold 4 to 1 (or more), many places in the world (ps5 vs xsx/s).

Series X/S seems like a hit in the US, but its suffering from same difficulties the xbox one had, the rest of the world, its still more than 2 to 1, in favor of playstation.

I meant PS4 and XBOX ONE sales for this year.

Yeah just noticed.... Im bad with the all the x's and s's and whatnot.
XB1,XB1S,XB1X,XSS,XSX... it tripped me up.

I think the reason why xbox one s, sales are so low is because of the series s.
at 300$, and the experiance it offers compaired to the xbox one s, it just doesnt make sense to not get the series s instead.

The price differnce between a PS4 and a PS4slim is larger.
It makes sense, it would impact the XB1 more.

JRPGfan said:
yo33331 said:

I bet there could be some adjustments done for the XB1 as well, since with the adjusted numbers there are weeks where PS4 is outselling it 4 to 1, or close to it, which have happened very rarely in the past and most of the times the difference is 2 to 1 or in some cases 3 to 1, but 4 to 1 is extreme.

Series X/S seems like a hit in the US, but its suffering from same difficulties the xbox one had, the rest of the world, its still more than 2 to 1, in favor of playstation.

UK is not a good parameter. It's almost the same size as France and has low influence in Mainland Europe, Japan it's a second bigger market e have a long influence in East Asia sales.

But not a good parameter for Mainland Europe. Germany and France have a good influence in West Europe( Spain and Italy, Switzerland, etc). France and Germany combined were a good barometer for the West European market. But only West Europe, and Nordics have or own habits. And East Europe too. Europe it's a diverse market.