By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Deck Does What Nintendon't?

Yes, I know, that seems like a really click-baity title and stuff, but... well it's a lot more literal than it seems and unfortunately, a lot more phallic than it should be.

Also, I've been working on testing some algorithms for YouTube which is why I waited a day to post it here lol... YouTube says I summarily have no female viewers and no one under the age of 25 to which multiple people have said is incorrect (I tweeted screenshots and stuff haha!), so I'm trying to figure out the source of views with no data!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

Yea I am pretty excited about the Steam Deck. Already pre-ordered mine which is set to come in December. (Hopefully before Christmas)

For me, Switch vs Steam Deck is the age old Console vs PC discussion just now on the go. For me, I will continue to play Nintendo games on the Switch but for everything else, Switch is no longer the only option to play on the go. So just like my PC where I play third party games on there instead of on my consoles, I'll be playing third party games on the Steam Deck instead of the Switch.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Looks good, but sounds like it's at least a year away... it's getting harder and harder to get excited about things a year away...

Hardware is nothing without Nintendo games. Same reason ps5 sells despite much stronger computers.  The Deck isn't direct competition, different demographics.

It's definitively going to be interesting. Steam doesn't have a spotless record with its hardware, and considering there's only been one non-Nintendo succesfull dedicated handheld (the PSP), the Steam Deck has a lot of work ahead of it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

It's definitively going to be interesting. Steam doesn't have a spotless record with its hardware, and considering there's only been one non-Nintendo succesfull dedicated handheld (the PSP), the Steam Deck has a lot of work ahead of it.

I would agree with you if this was MS or Sony but the steam deck is obviously aimed at a different market and was never intended to sell like Nintendo or even Sony. with competition from Epic all it has to do is be successful in giving them another conduit to sell the steam library and they're good.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I like physical games tho

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Not every single game on Switch is physical tho? 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Leynos said:

Not every single game on Switch is physical tho? 

The over 100 games on Switch I own are.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Do it Steam! Give Nintendo a kick so they step their game up!