By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm starting to hate collectors now , even though I'm kinda am one

I don't see this mentality in Xbox community, but certain group "not xbox" wants everything physical and not to open it just have it there collection purposes what blow my mind and angers me was one of them said he want Sega's Spikeout and other ultra niche Sega games on certain console and want it physical too , I said We Sega fans are tired of our company bleeding money and you guys didn't support Sega ages in your console virtua racing is super niche we spend resources something to the negative denominator of niches from Sega catelog, how did you know of Spikeout? I then told him Sega would make bank selling on popular IP's than dead ip's it's total suicide to bring spikeout to certain console and other ultra niche Sega games, I told him he doesn't care about us Sega fans he only cares for his corporation, many Sega developers left Sega and now ecco developer is making a game on intellivision amico. I told him to keep his ideas to himself, also told him it be better to bring well known Sega games like Jet Set radio, and Daytona USA . Panzer dragoon had a remake , panzer dragoon is not a niche Intellectual Property. Physical collectors make me sick and I want to hit them upside with newspaper not thinking about Sega . Virtua racing undersold , Outrun classic undersold, gain ground undersold many Sega Ages games undersold. there's a reason Sega closed Sega Ages for that console you guys didn't support us.

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 18 June 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

How many people would buy Sega's Gunvalkyrie? Safari jamboree? Columns? Ichidant R? noone cares for these except hipsters to fill up shelves? I rather Sega port Burning Rangers , and Crazy Taxi 3 and Skies of Arcadia most people want those ugh. .Atleast that's thinking normally , instead of the formal?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Not really sure what you are saying here. You blame people who collect physical games for Sega not selling enough digital games?

KLXVER said:

Not really sure what you are saying here. You blame people who collect physical games for Sega not selling enough digital games?

I told the unknown collectors Sega would'nt spend a dime porting something beyond niche. It's best to port Crazy taxi 3 and Skies of arcadia . I felt like defending my company I also was not a fan of Sega Arcade Business in Tokyo if I remember correctly shutting down . and I want Other Sega developers to come back to Sega Yukio Futatsugi.

I don't get your problem here. Collectors usually try to get games at launch, thus supporting the titles when they are more profitable for the publisher. Also, they are not the only customer out there, if a game underperforms because there was no interest for it from the collector's side, it probably wouldn't have been that successful anyway.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't get your problem here. Collectors usually try to get games at launch, thus supporting the titles when they are more profitable for the publisher. Also, they are not the only customer out there, if a game underperforms because there was no interest for it from the collector's side, it probably wouldn't have been that successful anyway.

I was talking about ultra niche games being Physical, you missed the part I said I support a burning rangers and skies of arcadia I know those would sell Physically . I'm thinking about titles that don't sell, Either those guys were collectors or wanted to troll me because my username is SegaSaturn. 

Nevermind close thread I was baited by trolls again on youtube , It's true Sega Saturn gets it the hardest compared to Sega Dreamcast chan and Genesis Chan.