By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii- A Good Buy?

Let me get one thing straight before I say anything else: I DO NOT WANT YOUR OPINION IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE GAME. NOTHING. YOU KNOW NOTHING EXCEPT REVIEWS. I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU!

Okay. From what I have read so far, I feel pretty conflicted about this game. They removed snaking (which I despised to death), but the game seemed to also be dumbed down for casuals. I loved that to win you had to use at least SOME form of skill, instead of hoping for an item to save you. But, the 32 stages with 16 made of pure nostalgia really gets me pumped up. And the online and motorcycles!

So what I am asking is this: Should I buy this game with the dumbed down gameplay and improved features? Or is it a lost cause?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Oh right, I don't have online yet. YET.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I thought it was changed though.

Isn't throwing items the D-Pad now? (GC Controller)

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

The gameplay is not dumbed down unless you want it to be.

The Wheel is nice (especially if you've got family/friends who don't play video games) but the GC controller gives the best experience of any Mario Kart game, even better than MKDS or MK64.

The online is fantastic; best online in a Nintendo game ever. It is lag-free and playing with 12 players who have some skill is great. Battles are so much better with more people.

The GP is not too hard and is partly luck but you can pretty much ignore it once you've unlocked all of the courses - the online is that good.

They've done a great job on the Retro tracks; everything looks a generation better but nothing has been changed that would dam

The stunts are very well integrated even compared to so-called 'serious' racing games; added to the bikes having great top speeds, the mini-turbo, the wheelies and the mushrooms it's like you're constantly boosting.

Pretty much the only problem is that 16 new ones aren't enough.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

So the thing I've been worrying about was the Wiimote control? I don't even use it so I'm buying it. It seven days.

Now I know how you Europeans feel. :(

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
So the thing I've been worrying about was the Wiimote control? I don't even use it so I'm buying it. It seven days.

Now I know how you Europeans feel. :(

but you'll never know how australians feel

Why do you think its a while to get to Europe.

You have so many dem languages to translate into.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Meanwhile, Brawl is really fun!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I recommend it whole-hearthedly. It's the best Mario Kart yet. It requires skill, but you won't get the same place every time, even if that is the place you "belong". Online is great, and running against other people's ghosts is simply awesome. In my opinion, Mario Kart Wii might just be the best online game yet to reach Europe.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

if you like local multiplayer it's awesome. yeah it's dumbed down it's still a blast.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka