By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox will catch up to Playstation this generation

Xbox will catch up to playstation this generation

Agree 28 21.21%

Disagree 104 78.79%

Total:132
smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:

And just to point out that even if GP turns out to go and make waves on smartphones, tvs and the like, that will more likely reduce sales from Series than give them sales.

That's true, but it could bring more sales to consoles as well. Having Game Pass on so many devices brings more exposer to the brand and if someone really enjoys playing XYZ on Game Pass via Xcloud, they might think about investing in buy an a Xbox or PC to play those games natively. It's hard to tell until we are at least a couple years into this vision MS is currently working on. 

It’s such an insane and unique vision. It’s impossible to tell what kind of effect it will have on sales and revenue. Hell, they’re about to bring Series X|S streaming to Xbox One, which means you won’t even need actual next gen hardware to experience next gen gaming. You can go buy an old VCR launch Xbone and play next gen exclusive Flight Sim on it. 

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

I'll just throw in my two cents. I see the Xbox having a chance of beating the PS5 in the Americas and UK by the end of this generation. Not big a lead, but a small one. Worldwide, I see a smaller gap than last generation. Instead of 120m vs 50m something more like 100-110m vs 70-80m.

UK? Unlikely. MS prioritises the US regarding the chip shortage, exactly like EVGA concerning their GPU's. The XSX barely comes into stock here, PS5 restocks dwarf the XSX.