By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Mass Effect game?

What's your favorite Mass Effect game?

Mass Effect 96 20.13%

Mass Effect 2 265 55.56%

Mass Effect 3 66 13.84%

Mass Effect: Andromeda 36 7.55%

Mass Effect Galaxy 4 0.84%

Mass Effect Infiltrator 10 2.10%

Total:477

I beat one and thought it was amazing. I’ve tried ME2 a few times and I just wasn’t feeling the game, it’s obviously a large departure from Mass Effect. Which I can understand why they did it, for more appeal and sales and it clearly worked.

I’ll pick up the collection sometime and play through them. Too many people with tastes I respect say ME2 is one of the best games ever.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

To this day I don't get why people hate the ending of ME3 so much. It seemed fine to me; a series about choice ends with a particularly difficult and impactful one that changes the Galaxy one way or another. I'm sure a series fan could write me an essay about how it's somehow the worst thing since Hitler but to me it seemed like a fine way to close out the trilogy; it wasn't the best ending I've ever seen, but I find no fault with it.

The biggest problem is it was exactly what Bioware had promised the ending would not be.  They promised the ending would not come down to a choice of A, B, or C, and that the choices players made in all 3 games would factor into how the ending played out.  Then the ending turned out to be a straight A, B, or C, with the only difference between them in the original version being the color of the energy field, and nothing the player had done in any of the 3 games leading up to it mattered.  Things were a little better in the extended version they patched in later in that it at least showed a couple of differences between the choices.

h2ohno said:
curl-6 said:

To this day I don't get why people hate the ending of ME3 so much. It seemed fine to me; a series about choice ends with a particularly difficult and impactful one that changes the Galaxy one way or another. I'm sure a series fan could write me an essay about how it's somehow the worst thing since Hitler but to me it seemed like a fine way to close out the trilogy; it wasn't the best ending I've ever seen, but I find no fault with it.

The biggest problem is it was exactly what Bioware had promised the ending would not be.  They promised the ending would not come down to a choice of A, B, or C, and that the choices players made in all 3 games would factor into how the ending played out.  Then the ending turned out to be a straight A, B, or C, with the only difference between them in the original version being the color of the energy field, and nothing the player had done in any of the 3 games leading up to it mattered.  Things were a little better in the extended version they patched in later in that it at least showed a couple of differences between the choices.

I mean, our choices throughout the trilogy did affect the end state in so far as which characters and even which races survived the story. The final choice didn't erase that. I didn't follow Bioware's promises and such leading up to release, I just played the trilogy and was fine with its ending.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 May 2021