By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Recommend me a football (soccer) game.

Back in the PS2 days, I was a huge fan of football games. I loved the WE (PES) franchise for its gameplay, master league mode and editting options. The transition to PS3/XBOX360 made me lose interest in football games, because I never really cared much about realism and physics, so I skipped football simulators after 2008 and never bought any of them. Judging from my taste for football games, which one I should get nowadays? 

Around the Network

Football manager if you like tactics, but all the rest are just rubbish.

I lost thousands of hours with FM (Football Manager), so it's a good choice in my opinion.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
BraLoD said:

There is this game called The Legend of Dragoon, which is not exactly about football, actually it has nothing to do with it, but it's still the best football game ever even so.

Highly recommend it.

Nah, I've heard Submarine Titans is the superior football game, even if it doesn't have anything to do with soccer either. That one's a sure success.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Sensible soccer

Around the Network

Madden 08 for the Nintendo Gamecube

Play on the street with sock`s ball.

But if you want to play on console without the realism I would say perhaps Captain Tsubasa.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Are you still unable to pick whichever team you want at the end of a seaon in FIFA's Career Mode in PS5 and Series X? FIFA as a series became hot garbage as soon EA made that bizarre decision back in the PS360 era.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Rocket League is free, you know.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.