By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Remedy Entertainment: PlayStation-Exclusive rumor? What could it be ?

This is some Positive news For Sony , And I feel like What does PlaystationNation think what type of game is it? And are you excited?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Wasn't it already confirmed that Remedy is in a multi-game publishing deal with Epic? I don't really see why Epic would publish any game exclusively on playstation at this point

Trunkin said:

Wasn't it already confirmed that Remedy is in a multi-game publishing deal with Epic? I don't really see why Epic would publish any game exclusively on playstation at this point

Never know, EA made Titanfall exclusive on the Xbox. That never really made sense, but it still happened.

Remedy currently has 4 teams developing 5 games:

• Team #1- The small AAA team that developed Control, which has now moved on to developing a new AAA IP
  • Team #2- A small 15 person single A team called Vanguard, which is developing a co-op title on Unreal Engine 4 instead of Remedy's own Northlight engine
  • Team #3- A large AA/small AAA team that is currently developing the campaign for CrossFireX
  • Team #4- AAA team that is currently developing 2 games which were funded by Epic, one small and one large. Both games seem to be in the Remedy shared universe (Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Control), and the larger of the two is rumored to be Alan Wake 2.

So, what we've heard about the Sony exclusive Remedy game is that it is fully Playstation exclusive, not on PC or other consoles. Since Team #3 is developing the campaign for Xbox/PC exclusive CrossFireX, and team #4 is developing 2 games which were funded by Epic and will therefore be on Epic Store on PC, we can rule out team #3 and #4 as being the ones developing the Playstation exclusive. That leaves team #1 and team #2. Team #2 has been developing their co-op game since 2018 and this Sony exclusive sounds more recent than that, so I'm going to assume that the Sony exclusive is the new AAA IP from the small AAA team that made Control.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 April 2021

This would make sense given how chummy Sony and Remedy were at the release of Control, a big get for Playstation. Rather them than Epic

Around the Network
ice said:

This would make sense given how chummy Sony and Remedy were at the release of Control, a big get for Playstation. Rather them than Epic

I'm not a big fan of Epic, but the 2 upcoming Epic funded Remedy games are multiplat, they are releasing on consoles and PC, whereas according to Ed, this Sony exclusive is fully Playstation exclusive, won't be on PC, nor on other consoles after a year or two. 

Epic and Remedy actually worked out a pretty good deal together, Epic fully funds the development on the 2 Remedy games, Remedy keeps ownership of the IP's and has full creative control of the development process, once Epic gets their development and marketing budget back Remedy and Epic split profits 50/50. That is about as fair of a deal as a developer can get with a publisher honestly.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 April 2021

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

I'm not a big fan of Epic, but the 2 upcoming Epic funded Remedy games are multiplat, they are releasing on consoles and PC, whereas according to Ed, this Sony exclusive is fully Playstation exclusive, won't be on PC, nor on other consoles after a year or two. 

AH, well that's good at least lol I just remembered something, I never thought Remedy would abandon PC because I recall hearing one of the reasons they liked partnering with MS is that they could release their games on PC and they have a loyal base there. interesting 

Firstly, what rumour? Shouldn't that be in the OP?

Secondly, didn't they just sign a deal with Epic?

I would be glad if they made something like Alan wake for PS5. I loved the Alan Wake games.

It's Silent Hill