Oddworld: Soulstorm 23 2.82%

Outriders 53 6.50%

Returnal 141 17.28%

Something Else 10 1.23%

Nothing This Month 133 16.30%

Total:816

Nier Replicant is a must have for me. Everything else is just... Meh

Bonus: This gen, its FFXII zodiac age and FFVIIRe
Ratchet and Clank counts as a remake I guess and comes as 2nd place.
RE2 and Trials of Mana as a far third.

Around the Network

Snap baby! I've been waiting so many years for this sequel! And, visually, it looks far and away better than any prior Pokemon game released to date, which is exactly what you want out of a game about photographing things. For once I am hoping for the best graphics possible on this game!

You forgot R-TYpe Final 2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Slow month before amazing may and june. Voting for Returnal.

Nothing for me this month.  I'd probably buy Rome:Total War if it ever came to console though.

Bonus: This question makes me realize that I am really disappointed with almost every remake/remaster out there.  Final Fantasy 7 Remake is both hugely fun and hugely disappointing.  I really love and hate the game at the same time.  The gameplay is fun, but they butchered the greatest story ever told in a video game.  I've been playing Katamari Damacy Reroll lately.  They added motion controls, but they didn't do a good job IMO, and I usually like motion controls.  It's still fine in that you can just stick with the original controls (which I would recommend).  The new feature might as well not even be there though.  Even Mario Kart 8 Deluxe...this is a great port on paper.  In reality I don't play it hardly at all probably because I already played it plenty of times on the Wii U.  On the Switch I would rather play a different multiplayer game.

There are lots of older Remakes and Remasters I hate too.  Metroid Zero Mission...sucks.  They changed the level design.  I like the improved graphics and sound.  I wish that is all they had changed though.  Final Fantasy 1 on the GBA is not fun at all, but I still like the NES version.  Even back in the SNES days, I felt Super Mario All Stars kind of ruined the original 8-bit games.  I wish they had kept the 8-bit look.

After thinking a really long time, I remembered that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is a really good remake/remaster.  The original game is all there, but they improved the translation and added extra content that is optional.  That is the way to do a Remake.  Adding extra optional content is always a great move.  If you are going to change something, then make sure it is something bad in the original and not something good (i.e. the original FFT translation was poor).  With FF7 Remake they were like, "Hey these graphics are really dated, but the story is great.  I know, we'll change both!"  No!  Don't change the good stuff!  Also, wait more than 1 generation before you remake the game.  That is probably my main issue with Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario All Stars.

Around the Network

NieR Replicant, followed by R-Type Final 2.

A few games that interest me:

-MLB The Show, still fine playing 19 for now as I don't care about the little updates these games make every year
-Trails of Cold Steel IV, only finished the first game so far
-Judgment, already played through on PS4 but loved it enough to buy again at some point
-NieR, bought the original for 360 and still want to play that first
-Total War: Rome, who knows how much effort they actually put into this, we'll see

I'll vote New Pokemon Snap. Good chance I won't buy it this month, but it's the only one I'm likely to, just for some chill nonsense.

Bonus: I'll say Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Simply because I'm playing it again right now and it feels massively underrated. Just compare it to the recent localisation of the NES original and tell me it's not a night and day difference.
A darn shame that Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem for DS never got localised.

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 29 March 2021

NieR Replicant

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

shikamaru317 said:

Judgment Remaster > Nier Remaster > Outriders > Returnal

Nah, man. I love Judgment but the new visuals are a demaster. They are terrible. Removed the lighting that added to the dramatic scenes. A lot of textures got worse. Yaguma's face changed in a worse way. It's better to play the PS4 version.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Since I already have Trails of Cold Steel IV on PS4, it's Nier Replicant by a fair margin. Returnal is another interesting one, but I doubt I'm going to get to that one anytime soon.