By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rome: Total War Remastered announced, releases April 29

https://www.engadget.com/total-war-rome-remastered-185936111.html

I might actually pick this up. Releases April 29, $30 (half price if you own Rome: Total War on Steam), includes Barbarian Invasions and Alexander DLC, 16 new playable factions (eg Pontus, Armenia, Romano-British, Slavs, and other existing-but-not-officially-playable factions), cross-platform play, and more. For $15, I'm game.

Around the Network

I watched a guy play it! At first I thought it was just a remaster but those are modern graphics I believe so it's more like a remake, especially with all the changes. I played SO Much of this game as a kid so I'm pumped!

I own rome total war on steam but i'm not getting the remaster even if it is only 15 bucks.

Should be free for anyone who bought Rome 2 on release.

Wasn't this the game History Channel used to simulate battles for some show?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Wasn't this the game History Channel used to simulate battles for some show?

They used the engine from this game to simulate the battles. But they claimed that with the help of experts it was adjusted for better historical accuracy. 

For $ 15, this is quite an expected game.

Pretty great. I believe I have the original disc version though so I don’t think I have it on Steam. Doesn’t matter, I’ll get it anyway, this is one of my favorite games of all-time.

I do wonder what they imply by saying more “playable factions” because making all the factions playable in the original was the easiest mod for any game ever; just cut/paste the faction names to another line in a text file. Maybe there’s more factions, like in later games, instead of all the ‘rebel’ provinces. I wonder how the modding is handled in general. The Rome II/Medieval II engine was easy to mod. If this is just a remaster I wonder if that stays.

Ka-pi96 said:
S.Peelman said:

Pretty great. I believe I have the original disc version though so I don’t think I have it on Steam.

Can't you use the CD key to register it on Steam and so still get the 50% discount?

Can I? Something to try, thanks.