By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need help: 2in1 Laptop / Tablet - which one should I get?

Hey guys,

my wife will start an advanced Training for her job and I want to get her a Laptop / tablet 2in1 device.
Can you recommend me a decent one?

It doesn't need to be the most powerful one, just a laptop / tablet she can comfortably work on - and let the Gaming PC be MY Gaming PC.

Thanks!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Hey guys,

my wife will start an advanced Training for her job and I want to get her a Laptop / tablet 2in1 device.
Can you recommend me a decent one?

It doesn't need to be the most powerful one, just a laptop / tablet she can comfortably work on - and let the Gaming PC be MY Gaming PC.

Thanks!

Here's a link let me know if it's helpful   https://www.laptopmag.com/au/articles/best-2-in-1-laptops

the prices are in $AU

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Galaxy Book Flex. I have had it for a couple months and I'm very happy with it. It's not perfect but it's very flexible and battery life isn't bad.

Microsoft Surface, I'm not sure what your price range is but I've seen them range on the low end of 399 (Surface Go) and up to 2k for the high-end Surface.

Surface Go 2

Surface Pro 7

Or if you want something, not from Microsoft then:

Lenovo Yoga

Price?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Lenovo Yoga line seems popular.
Personally I think for price the 13,3" HP envy x360 makes it the perfect 2-in-1 / ultrabook thingy.

Its less than 1,3 Kilograms.
It has a AMD Ryzen 5 4500U (pretty darn power effecient) (6 cpu cores) and upto 11,5 hours of battery life.
Its cheap (like 800-900$)

I can tell you from my own days as a student, that what you want isnt power (a big beefy laptop).
You want small & light, and good battery life.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 10 March 2021

Captain_Yuri said:

Price?

less than 950€ - it is a German tax thing...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...